Forums are back in action! ×

I have mixed feelings about it in that they are expensive and options are limited (but I'm not surprised- but just mixed feelings)

BUT I'm excited about the fact they are fitted for the WAIST and are cut roomy for large thighs and big butts and calves.

I think it's a great idea- I pretty much hate wearing jeans at this point because it's so impractical- I'm interested in seeing if they work out- I'd love to purchase a pair and then have a custom pair of motorcycle pants made off of this design. That would be amazing. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/barbellapparel/barbell-denim-functional-denim-has-arrived

• Like 2

Love the video and they look really good and not look like jeggings for men but $100?? I'm a bit too cheap for that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No more back gap!?! It's interesting, but I fear I might still have a problem because I have a very high natural waist, and I HATE wearing pants around my waist. I'm a lower rise girl, usually. I know there a company that makes "hockey player" jeans that are roomier in the thighs as well, at least my husband saw it somewhere. But, I'm pretty sure those are just men's.

The limited offerings are understandable, given the original scope of the kickstarter (hoping to raise 15k, so 150 pairs of jeans - can't really offer a lot of options at that scale).  It looks like a boot-cut option is now coming.

I love this idea, but I would caution that massively overfunded kickstarters tend to get bogged down in delays.  Again, the creators of this project were targeting the production of 150 pairs of jeans.  Let's say they planned for the optimistic target of 5 times their funding goal - that's still only 750 pairs.  At this point, they've pre-sold around 3500 pairs in the first 3-4 days, with no signs of slowing down.  Thanks to all of the publicity this is getting, I would be shocked if this project doesn't raise at least 1-2 million bucks (~10-20 thousand pairs) by the time all is said and done.  I don't know who was producing the prototypes, but I would be very surprised if they are prepared for that scale of production.  They'll likely need to find a new supplier, which means starting the QC process all over again.  Either that or they stick with the smaller supplier and it just takes forever to get them all delivered.  Either way, the odds of actually receiving a pair of jeans by July seem really small.

But I still love the idea and may toss them 100 bucks anwyay.

yeah I understand it's a limited thing- i also see they expanded the line.

I think I'm going to hold out about this- if they are doing so well- they will be around in a year- there is CLEARLY a great need for a more generously cut thigh/cutt- but yet still well tailored pant.

Ohmygod!!!!! Jeans that fit????!!!! I want these soooo bad!

I was actually considering taking my jeans to a woman in town that does alterations to have the waist taken in on every pair I own, coz I'm just so sick of wearing what look like maternity jeans. To get them over my quads they're just ridiculous on the waist.

Mind you, for a hundred quid, I could get a LOT of alterations done. ;)

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously