Forums are back in action! ×

LFG for weight loss/getting stronger

I'm looking for a person or group of people who want to lose weight and get in better shape.

About Me:  I'm a twenty-seven year old female who weighs around three hundred pounds.  I'd love to get down under two hundred and lower but with such a massive goal ahead of me I really need support along the way.  Part of the reason for wanting to lose weight for me is to have a healthy pregnancy when the time comes so any girls out there working toward that would be great because of the shared goal. But guys are totally welcome as well, we all have different motivations! 

Interests:  I love reading (mostly fantasy like George R.R. Martin, Robert Jordan, and Tolkien but I'll read about anything), writing, playing games (currently playing WoW, I tend toward RPGs and MMO but I'm open to all things), music, and movies/tv.  And since I'm trying to get in shape of course, going to gym and learning more about improving my life. 

Struggles:  I'm a really picky eater so that makes it difficult sometimes to find healthy food.  I have a weak ankle that makes high impact exercise more difficult especially at a higher weight.

Workouts:  I go to the gym (well going to start back this week) and do cardio and weights  I've also tried yoga at home and some body weight exercises.  I'm totally open to anything that helps me lose weight and get stronger.  I like yoga and would like to look into it more and I've eyed the C25K when I lose a bit of weight to make it easier on my joints.  

Ideally I would love to get people together who have similar goals or big goals that are going to take awhile so we can encourage each other.  I'm in WV but I doubt I'd find anyone close but that's not a huge deal.  I would love to be able to text, email, facebook, skype, etc to touch base when necessary.  It would also be awesome if we could set up some time of system where we get points for doing well on whatever our goals are and kind of turn it into a competition of sorts, of the friendly variety lol.  I'm competitive so that might help me.

Mostly I just want accountability and encouragement and the ability to give that to someone else who is struggling and feels that their goal is so far away that they'll never reach it. 

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"

I'd love to be your accountibilibuddy. I'm from Tacoma, WA and am 19 years old. I'm at around 300lbs myself and would like to lose it to be fit enough for parkour. I'm fine with competition but don't own a working scale at the moment so weight lose by numbers won't work but I'm up for anything else.

• Like 1

Level 1 Puppy Assassin

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

My First Challenge 

Sounds great!  Have you started a challenge or anything yet?  I'm totally open to having more than one person so that we can all have additional support if someone might not be available or whatever.  I'm not sure how to make into a competition but would love some ideas if anyone out there has some about how to make it more fun.  

I'd really like to develop the idea of a rewards system for myself but I haven't figured out how to make it work yet so that's definitely on the horizon for me in the future. 

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"