Forums are back in action! ×

What Motivated you to Start a Healthy Life?

I love reading everyone's motivation :) So many different people yet all so similar!!

Mine stemmed from a few things:

1. My mother had a stroke in her early 40's (she turns 50 this year). It was not an old person's stroke, but was like she had been hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat pretty much. She was thin (too many smokes, not enough food), extremely stressed and was working three jobs at the time. She is healthy now & off most of her pills thank goodness! But that made me realise that life is so short and so fragile, why not live it to the best of my ability? I want to know what my body can do and I want to push it to the limits and to see what I can acomplish. I also want to be able to manage stress in an effective way (I have never smoked a ciggy in my life but I normally manage stress by breaking down and having a bit of a cry lol) so that this doesn't happen to me in the future.

2. My underlying need to not eat something I love (I am a vegetarian, alomst vegan). This forced me to google vegetarian recipes, which I ended up finding more and more about fitness and health - then lead me eventually on to NF.

3. My pole dancing buddies. Ever since I have started pole (coming up 2 years now I think) I have made some awesome friends and they have helped me push myself to see what I can do. If they can do it, surely I'd be able to give it a try!

4. This woman --> (Shimmy's routine starts at 24 seconds) Please note: I have put this in spoliers as it may offend some people. Beware - lots of booty shaking haha!

Who would not want a body like that! Aussie pole dancers rock! :D

:pirate:

• Like 2

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

I recently got into a relationship with a beautiful, wonderful young lady who happens to live about four hundred miles away from me. Prior to meeting her, I got signed up to continue my education and got a new job here. So when she and I decide to date and she tells me she has her own inherited house and in the future when she's ready to continue college too, she'd love for me to come be her roommate.

Needless to say, I was a little aggravated; had I not committed to my new job and school, I could have headed over to her place immediately.

Which would be impulsive.

Which...is bad.

So while we're still in a relationship, we don't see each other that often. We decided that it would actually be a good thing for the next year or two for me to stay here and work on my degree. That way we'll see if we really are compatible and we'll both have (hopefully) steady sources of income.

TL : DR

The current relationship I am in has, in a way, been put on pause, and that pause is giving me an opportunity to move forward with bettering myself. My motivation is that possible future with her in that beautiful house after we renovate it together and start chasing our dreams.

A few other reasons...

-I can't wait for some of my exes that left me to see me rocking a smoking hot body.

-I can't wait for my mom and dad to see me get my life together.

-I can't wait to wear a size smaller than 18 pants for the first time in six years.

-I love hiking and pushing myself physically; can't do too much now, but if I'm ever gonna hike the Appalachian Trail and every other trail in the world, I gotta start somewhere!

• Like 2

Contempt for death.

• Like 7

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

It started out as something to take my mind off cigarettes when I was quitting smoking. It turned into a borderline obsession (it's healthy if it makes you healthier, right?) with nutrition and exercise. Now it's almost 4 years later, I'm healthier than I've ever been, feel better than I've ever felt, and completely changed career directions in order to help other people get healthy. 

Life is awesome.  =D

Also, the last 10 seconds of the video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mRFAOYofBqI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It started out as something to take my mind off cigarettes when I was quitting smoking. It turned into a borderline obsession (it's healthy if it makes you healthier, right?) with nutrition and exercise. Now it's almost 4 years later, I'm healthier than I've ever been, feel better than I've ever felt, and completely changed career directions in order to help other people get healthy. 

Life is awesome.  =D

Also, the last 10 seconds of the video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mRFAOYofBqI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 2