Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for community as I start making changes

I'm a former athlete who has never managed to be healthy and active as an adult. I've tried numerous programs and ways to eat healthy. Ive been following nerd fitness for a couple of months now and decided I need to engage. I was in the peace corps for two years, I've been back in the states for a year now, but I haven't built any real support system. If anything I have less support now. I'm struggling with the mental aspects, my moods make it hard to follow my clean eating plans or to get up and exercise. Anybody interested in providing some advice, guidance, maybe just lend an ear sometimes, and help me feel that I'm not on this journey alone? It would be greatly appreciated.

First up, welcome.

I think you'll find a great support network here. We're nearly half way through a 6 week challenge at the moment, I think you would get a lot out of joining in on the next one.

If you go to the challenge forum you can snoop through peoples threads and get a feel for it. There's also the accountability groups, where people with similar interests give each other support.

This place and the people who make it up, are amazing. I hope you stick around.

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

First up, welcome.

I think you'll find a great support network here. We're nearly half way through a 6 week challenge at the moment, I think you would get a lot out of joining in on the next one.

If you go to the challenge forum you can snoop through peoples threads and get a feel for it. There's also the accountability groups, where people with similar interests give each other support.

This place and the people who make it up, are amazing. I hope you stick around.

^^^This. But I would say cobble together a goal or two and join the challenge for the last couple of weeks, you know, just to try it on for size :)

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...