Forums are back in action! ×

Clean Slate Protocol

Hi there,

I've been reading the NF Blog for a quite some time now, and it has made a big impression on me. Being a big gamer/rpg fan, applying levelling principles to my life seems like an awesome idea.

I've always been the skinny guy, and at 32 years old, 5' 11†and 130lb (not my lowest in recent times) I'm again at a point where I want to change. Now I have gone down the fitness and bulking route a few times in my life, but always seem to lose momentum, or some excuse crops up which puts a stop to it.

I cant do the same thing again and expect different results, so that's why I am here. I've never really posted on forums before as I have the social skills of a door hinge (something else I'm looking to improve), but I would like to get involved in this community as you seem like a friendly and like minded bunch. Hopefully I can give something back too.

I have a lot of goals, but my main quest at the moment is to become bigger and stronger. I am finding myself drawn to a few different classes, but would like to spend some time getting to know my fitness likes and dislikes again first.

Looking forward to the journey

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

Glad to have you here for the journey! Yeah, this community is full of friendly people, all working together to make our lives better :D

I can relate to the skinny guy thing, but with the help of my team, THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE, I've managed to become the strongest I've ever been (I'm still a bit skinny, but I feel strong now).

And I can relate to the social skills thing too. I'm horrible with small talk, and approaching people I don't know, but I've found that everyone here is very friendly; so I can let my guard down and be open. That's how I joined my team: I just asked if I could, and they said yes. So go ahead and check out the Accountibilibudies page and see if there are any groups you like. Or heck, you could even just go and set up a team of your own!

But whatever you do, remember that this entire community has your back! So let you fighting spirit burn bright, embrace your inner courage, and strive towards you dreams!

• Like 1

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Thanks Will, thats good to hear. I'll head over there and check them out now.

Congrats on your progression so far, I'll make sure I keep an eye out to cheer you on in the future!

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway