Forums are back in action! ×

Time To Make This Public.....So I Stick With It!

Firstly, let me say hello to everyone here......and comment what a fantastic site NerdFitness is! Ive loved the blog since i first found it around a month ago.

So, where do i start......i guess it is easier for me to begin with the present and work backwards. Im 30 years old from the UK and having weighed myself today, found out I am currently 119kg (18 stone 10 pounds or 262 pounds) depending where in the world you may reside! I am essentially the token fat guy in my group of friends and have decided it is time to take a stand and make a difference so i can enjoy the things which makes life enjoyable for me! 

It hasnt always been this way though. I have always been on the large size but have always enjoyed a very active lifestyle. I love cycling (i commute to work on my bike each day), enjoy hiking & camping as well as football and basketball. I have completed 100 mile bike rides, ran cross country for school/college/university and loved going to the gym to lift weights.

But around 2 years ago, things began to spiral out of control due to a very drastic personal issue which meant i was hiding away from the world drinking (alcohol) a lot more than i typically would do and eating far too many takeaways. I also spent far too many hours immersed in computer games simply as it took me away from the hell which was my life. I spent countless hours in the world of Lordran, learning frame data for Street Fighter & Tekken and tearing through the galaxy playing Faster Than Light. Nobody forced me to do those things, it was a choice i made and a choice now i regret hugely. I also spent far too many hours immersed in computer games simply as it took me away from the hell which was my life. It gave me somewhere to focus my energy rather than on negatives. 

Today however, i have decided to make a stand and by signing up here have made it public that i WANT to make changes in my life and i WANT to make those changes today. There are many reasons for wanting to make the changes and i will list them below:-

- I have a 4 year old son. I want to be able to chase him round the field, play football with him, go swimming with him, all without feeling embarrassed.

- I want to do the things i enjoy! Mountain biking through the Pennines. Walking in the Scottish Highlands. 

- I have many goals which i have not achieved which i need a level of fitness in order to do. Those include completing a marathon, completing a triathlon.

- I want to look my absolute best both for me, but also for my girlfriend too. She loves me no matter what i look like, but i would like to look my best for her. 

I have chartered out what i want to achieve:-

- Get from an XXL top to a M

- Get from a 42" waist to a 34" waist

- Get to 85 kg

And i am working on how i hope to achieve these goals!

Well enough from me for now, if anyone has any questions at all then please ask away and i will happy respond!

Many thanks

• Like 3

Days without alcohol - 4

Hello from another fellow new Rebel in the UK. From what I can tell you are in the right place, and with some good specific goals, a supportive community and your clear (and powerful) motivation you are bound to come out on top.

Good luck, and I'm sure I'll see you earning those achievements soon enough

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway