Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, 

So let's start with the bad news: over the last year, I've been injured. Like not really able to walk and in daily pain injury. Before this, I was a very active college student. 

And then comes the good: I might be out of the woods in a month. Between therapy, medicine and pain management there is a good chance I might not have daily pain anymore after starting a new course of treatment. I might be just at square one instead of square negative six. 

And that makes me one very happy Goth. 

It is amazing what one year can do to you. I went from a rather fit and slightly overweight martial artist to a depressed, very overweight person on the sidelines. (When you are confined to laying on your stomach on the couch, food is really your only friend.) The last few months has all been about the 'can'ts'. I can't run, I can't bend down, I can't practice, I can't play with my dog, I can't walk the dog. And thanks to a good team of health professionals those can'ts have been slowly fading away. But I'm tired of the can'ts. 

Today is about the cans. 

Summer just hit. I have four months (17 weeks and 1 day) until college is back in. That means I have 17 weeks and 1 day with myself to get ready. 

I've got four goals: 

Lost 20 pounds of fat. 

Complete doyogawithme.com's beginner, beginner to intermediate, and intermediate to advanced programs. 

Eat clean. 

Be able to do 20 one armed push ups. 

Cheers,

Zoë S. Toth aka Inked

• Like 4

Child of Æsir | Freelancing Monk Journeyman Chef
"Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through the forging fire, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion. â€â€“ O-Sensei

Daily Battle Log Epic Quest | Sidekick Search

Welcome!

I've got four goals: 

Lost 20 pounds of fat. 

Complete doyogawithme.com's beginner, beginner to intermediate, and intermediate to advanced programs. 

Eat clean. 

Be able to do 20 one armed push ups. 

Cheers,

Zoë S. Toth aka Inked

Holy crap, that´s an impressive goal!

I like your "can do- attitude", and wish you best of luck (no, wait, luck has got nothing to do with this. Happy workout ass kicking instead :) )

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Wow, it sounds like you've had a tough time but you're ready to turn it all around and that's awesome!  Your goals are super high but you seem to have the right kind of attitude to reach them!  Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your journey!  You can get there! 

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I guess I've spent the last few months giving myself such a negative attitude I want to see what happens if I turn it around 100%. 

• Like 1

"Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through the forging fire, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion. â€â€“ O-Sensei

Welcome!

Holy crap, that´s an impressive goal!

I like your "can do- attitude", and wish you best of luck (no, wait, luck has got nothing to do with this. Happy workout ass kicking instead :) )

Swedish Ninja, I set that goal for a specific reason. My upper body is in very little pain compared to my lower spine. I'm going to have to be nice and gentle with the lower body but that doesn't mean I have to be the same for upper.  :D 

• Like 1