Forums are back in action! ×

Following the level up your life attitude to living.

Hi all

Ive been reading NF for a while now and today is the day i start getting my own campaign off the ground!

So whats my current status? Well Im 26, live in Durban, South Africa. Ive always been that skinny kid growing up and always into sports. Now I am a full time tennis coach, studying part time and gaming when i can.

So why do i want to level up? Well Ive always just been ok with doing averagely well, ok grades in school and never putting myself whole heartedly into what I do. But last year i hit a rough patch that shook me awake from just doing enough, and ive been looking for a way forward since. My job is amazing, I get to work with kids from age 5 up to adults and retired people looking to get some tips on their game. Its a passion that has not let up since the first day i started almost 5 years ago. But helping others make you look at yourself at the end of the day. and im not satisfied with just the easy route anymore. I want to show myself what Im capable of personally and see what i can achieve physically and become stronger mentally through it. I have always struggled to get fitter because i like to follow set rules and strategy and then losing heart half way through when I cant follow them exactly. But Steve's bruce Lee article really challenged me to pick my own way through and stop making excuses and keep making small changes that matter even if they may turn out to be wrong later.

My goals are pretty simple I want to be able to hand stand, get fit endurance wise and get into strength training which ive never done before. Maybe get up to doing a 25km marathon next year and or a half Iron man. And generally push the limts.

Thanks for reading my intro.

Cheers

• Like 3

If you wont give up anything, you wont change anything

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!

I think the most frequent barrier I hear is that people give up because they can't follow their plan perfectly.  Once you get beyond that and concentrate on just doing BETTER today, you're golden.

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Welcome!  Sounds like you've got the right mindset to make your goals happen!  Best of luck on your journey and I look forward to seeing your leveled up life as it happens!  

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"