Forums are back in action! ×

So I have been reading for a little while, reading all of the blog posts and decided it is time to jump in. I started my journey in September 2012 at 267 lost 40lbs and was doing great and then surprise your pregnant!  So I had my daughter in august 2013 after a rough pregnancy I just waited for my body to recover. On February 17th at 242lbs I made the decision to get back on track. I went to the DR that day and we made a bet, I still owed $277 from having the baby and my Dr said if I get to 199 or lower by my next appt in Oct he will eat the balance! If I don't make it I owe the $277 and a 6 pack of beer!

So today I am at 221 I am working out everyday in some way watching what I eat. I lift 3 days a week and do cardio the other days. Yesterday I did my first Yoga class. I am on week 2 of the couch to 5k program and am signed up for my first 5k on July 4th. It is getting frustrated because when I look in the mirror I don't see a difference but I have lost pant sizes and the weight is going down. 

My goal is to eventually get down to 150's weight wise, run a 5k in under 30mins and just be healthy!

Hang in there!  Sometimes it takes time to see results, especially when you are putting on muscle from lifting.  Hang onto the fact that you're losing pant sizes and weight is going down.  Try taking pictures weekly or monthly to help you visualize the ways that your body is changing.  You see your body all the time so as those changes happen you might not see them as quickly as someone who hasn't seen you in a while.  The pictures can really help with that.  

It sounds like your doctor is pretty awesome to make the bet with you on losing the weight.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey!  You're going to do awesome! 

• Like 1

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"