Forums are back in action! ×

New to the forums and ready to grow (just not in size)

I've been following the NF blog very closely for a little over a month.
I have never felt so relieved to find a group of individuals who I can relate to.
Also I find like this will make it much better for me to stick to my goals, share my experiences as well as learn from others.

Throughout my life I've struggled to lose weight.
Being so that I am Mexican and I couldn't refuse tacos & tamales, I managed to get up to an unhealthy weight of 300 lbs. by the time I was 19
Now, I could have been able to play some sort of role for a new Mario Bros. Movie, but I wasn't too happy with my body so I rejected the option.

I made the change when I was 19 years old. At 300 lbs. no relationship, could barely do anything without breaking into sweat. Something had to be done.
I have gone through a series of rounds where I've tried all sorts of different diets to lose weight.
After a 5 year period and 3 rounds at losing weight I have managed to finally find a routine that works for me.
all including bodyweight workouts and a whole foods diet (It's not paleo, But due to the fact that I like to experiment I will eventually get to it this time around... considering some of my closest friends are in that nutrition plan)

I have to say I am no longer struggling with weight loss as I've finally reached that goal.
Yet, the excess weight I had on my body did some damage to my skin (I am sure some of us struggle with the famous stubborn fat and little extra skin?)
I am doing a series of complex workouts in order to restore my body to what it is supposed to look like 
at one point I considered doing a tummy tuck, but after doing extensive reading and research I am a firm believer that body weight workouts and variations of these can help restore the little extra "me" that's left on my body.
I am simply experimenting and seeing how far one can take the body, I already went on the Dark Side of the spectrum. 
It's time to go to the Light Side and reap the rewards.

I can't wait to read what others have experienced, be able to answer and help others.
As well as learn and get help with my own fitness goals.
Just keeping focused and trying to make the most out of this machine I like to call the human body.

The attachments are the Me before, and the other is me about a month back.
it's been a long journey with lots of sweat, blood, and tears. 
But It's helped me grow spiritually in ways I never imagined.
I like to say that there are no limits to what one can do when we focus on the things that matter the most to us.

post-29195-0-09218400-1399404342_thumb.j

post-29195-0-72237500-1399404388_thumb.j

post-29195-0-95466600-1399404520_thumb.j

With the right mindset everything is possible.
it was my challenge to lose weight by simply resorting to forums, blogs, and the online world for all sorts of information regarding nutrition and weight loss.
Just focus, it's distressful and very tough at times.
But just hang on and soon the things you thought were impossible become possible.
Not to mention, saying no to a chocolate bar after you stick to healthy habits becomes so much easier.
Whenever you need help, remember there's thousands of people out there who are always out to be supportive!

I hope to see you succeed as well!
It's not only about yourself, but your transformation makes others around you change.
Trust me, it's beautiful to see when that happens.

Welcome to the forums.  I also wanted to stop in and say congratulations on your success. You look amazing and it's great to hear that you've found a routine that fits your lifestyle and works for you!  

• Like 1

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"

Welcome to the forums.  I also wanted to stop in and say congratulations on your success. You look amazing and it's great to hear that you've found a routine that fits your lifestyle and works for you!  

Thanks so much!

I am feeling the love everywhere!