Forums are back in action! ×

What nerdy/crazy/weird stuff do you do?

It wouldn't matter if the moat was filled with crocs, I'm pretty sure I'd build like a castle or something and then the 3 foot spikes would probably stop them aswell. And crocs would be easier to catch than sharks.. haha.

Anyone want to donate to my fund so I can buy an Island?!

Never said you could only do one....

Shoot.. go 3 moats, one punji pit, one sharks, one crocs, then spikes on your walls, and a nice slick oil coated wall, that angles outward. That way if they get past the moats, managed to figure out how to climb despite the oil, they'll tumble backwards once they get built up tall enough....

and no... I've never thought about this...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

That sounds like a good plan to me!! And of course, I'd have to make the island self-sufficient... This is going to be harder than I thought!

Nah... Garden for veggies and fruits, chickens for eggs and an occasional chicken dinner...  make the island down here in Florida and you'll have rain damn near every day, get you some rain barrels and you'll be set... :-) Solar/wind for power...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Although thinking about it, I think our island has a lot to offer, plenty of wild game pig, goat, horse, millions of sheep, lots of crocs for the moat and plenty of underground water in Northern West Australia for drinking and irrigation.

So who's up for a coup?

That's a big island though, you don't want to give zombies a spot to get a foothold inside your castle... :-)

That, and everything there is trying to kill you...

That said... let me know when you set up shop. :playful:

• Like 2

My first challenge

Yeah, I think our island is a little bit too big SevenofSeven! We could storm Tasmania though? :D

& Insanity, you forgot the orchards for all the fruit I need to grow! Especially as I won't be eating any chickens haha.

I think we are all set :D Now we just need zombies..

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

Yeah, I think our island is a little bit too big SevenofSeven! We could storm Tasmania though? :D

& Insanity, you forgot the orchards for all the fruit I need to grow! Especially as I won't be eating any chickens haha.

I think we are all set :D Now we just need zombies..

The garden is all encompassing... I'll get to work on the zombies, ya'll make sure to save a space for me...

My first challenge

LOL... with no rules, I could really make it H2BOOM!

Haha yep!! :D And there will be plenty of other cars to smash :D

Tasmania, cool, rain, wilderness and........wait......too cold for crocs!

Hmm... that is true. What about Willis Island? Or is that too small?

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

New Madrid Fault, eh?  Hell, you're only about 2-3 hours away from me.  

More like 20 min in good traffic.  :playful:  Based on your posts in other threads, we're in the same major city.(No, I'm not stalking you. Really.)   Said major city is definitely not ready for even a moderate quake.  My uncle's a retired geology professor, and can hold forth for hours on what a 6.5 temblor from the New Madrid would do to St. Louis and Memphis. (TL;DR version: build a house of cards on Jello. Shake the Jello. See what happens.)

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

More like 20 min in good traffic.  :playful:  Based on your posts in other threads, we're in the same major city.(No, I'm not stalking you. Really.)   Said major city is definitely not ready for even a moderate quake.  My uncle's a retired geology professor, and can hold forth for hours on what a 6.5 temblor from the New Madrid would do to St. Louis and Memphis. (TL;DR version: build a house of cards on Jello. Shake the Jello. See what happens.)

Haha.  Cards on jello.  I can just imagine.  Doesn't surprise me that StL isn't ready for a quake though.  But that's a conversation I don't want to go down on a public forum.  I'll just piss off a lot of people.  

Nice to see another St Louis person on the boards here!  If I'm not mistaken, that makes 3 of us that I know of.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Loving where this thread has led!

As for surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, I think I'll just get a nuclear air craft carrier. No need for fuel for the next 20-30 years, plenty of space and the possibility to use the mini-guns to blast zombies from a safe distance.

I see no flaws with my plan, just need to call Obama and have him give me one of his.

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Loving where this thread has led!

As for surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, I think I'll just get a nuclear air craft carrier. No need for fuel for the next 20-30 years, plenty of space and the possibility to use the mini-guns to blast zombies from a safe distance.

I see no flaws with my plan, just need to call Obama and have him give me one of his.

Got spare parts?

My first challenge

Got spare parts?

hmmm, no. Better ask for two then.

I wonder if that is why our idiot Prime Minister over blew the budget by buying fighter planes WE DON't need. He's a prepper?

It could be like in World War Z, where the Israelis built the Wall to protect themselves from the Zombies they know were coming. Maybe the PM know something and

Wait, some friendly people dressed in black are banging on my door, be back in a sec….. 

• Like 2

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

I wonder if that is why our idiot Prime Minister over blew the budget by buying fighter planes WE DON't need. He's a prepper?

"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

DISCLAIMER:  That's from the weird/nerdy/whatever part of me that likes anything that goes boom.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

While we're planning for zombies, can I suggest a book series? 

http://www.amazon.com/Foxfire-Complete-Collection-Books-Through/dp/B0073XCN2K/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1400687082&sr=8-5&keywords=foxfire

The Foxfire books started out as a high school English assignment.  Something like, "Go interview your grandparents and have them teach you something."  The result was a magazine, and eventually, a bunch of books with a ton of information about living off the land, doing things yourself, and living life more simply.

I got my set from a library sale, and I've seen them at yard sales.  You won't get a lot of technical speak and intricate drawings or scientific backing, but I find it fascinating to learn from primary sources.  A fun read.  Contains a lot of fascinating folklore, too.

This is another book I love, about homesteading.  Highly recommended if you are at all interested.  She did more research, so it's probably more useful and applicable than the Foxfire series. 

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Country-Living-Anniversary-Edition/dp/1570618402/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400687388&sr=8-1&keywords=encyclopedia+homesteading

I guess the nerdy thing I do is read and learn about homesteading when I'll likely never do it.  :)

While we're planning for zombies, can I suggest a book series? 

http://www.amazon.com/Foxfire-Complete-Collection-Books-Through/dp/B0073XCN2K/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1400687082&sr=8-5&keywords=foxfire

The Foxfire books started out as a high school English assignment.  Something like, "Go interview your grandparents and have them teach you something."  The result was a magazine, and eventually, a bunch of books with a ton of information about living off the land, doing things yourself, and living life more simply.

I got my set from a library sale, and I've seen them at yard sales.  You won't get a lot of technical speak and intricate drawings or scientific backing, but I find it fascinating to learn from primary sources.  A fun read.  Contains a lot of fascinating folklore, too.

This is another book I love, about homesteading.  Highly recommended if you are at all interested.  She did more research, so it's probably more useful and applicable than the Foxfire series. 

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Country-Living-Anniversary-Edition/dp/1570618402/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400687388&sr=8-1&keywords=encyclopedia+homesteading

I guess the nerdy thing I do is read and learn about homesteading when I'll likely never do it.  :)

Have about half that series at home... :-)

Think I have the other one as well...

• Like 1

My first challenge