Forums are back in action! ×

After years of yo-yoing and letting myself go, and letting myself pig out on sweets at any time of the day, I am ready to treat myself right! 

It's time to grow up and realize that just how much I let sugar and pleasure control me. I've become lazy and complacent and when I look in the mirror I'm not happy with what I see. 

So I'm determined to start putting in some effort. Drink water, eat healthy but delicious meals, and treat my body well. I look forward to having energy, to not jiggling when I move, and smiling when I look at photographs. 

I have 40 lbs to go, and I know I can do it this time, as long as I just stay positive and motivated. 

281855_10150237072662066_678156_n.jpg Sorry it's such a mini photo, but it's my only full body, This is me 190 lbs, and my goal is 150. 

Make your body the sexiest outfit you own!

One thing I think would be good is to have some performance goals (pushups/pullups/mile runs, something of the sort) and make those your focus.  Lose 40lbs because you want to become fit and see what your body can do, not because you don't feel like you can be happy until you do.  Gotta make sure you don't tie your self-image too much to weight loss; if you do, you may fall to the scale's tyranny!

So stay disciplined (motivation comes and goes, but discipline is a rock) and set goals that have more to do with how you train your body.  After all, form follows function!

• Like 2

My mindset is that I want to be able to wear that miniskirt because I'm proud of my legs, not to wear baggy jeans because I hate my thighs - if that makes any sense.

Sure, being fit is an awesome goal and I'd love to not be winded when I run up stairs, but I'd be lying to myself if I said I was in this for something other than changing my body and my image. 

I'll be relying more on photos than the scale though, if that puts your mind at ease. 

Make your body the sexiest outfit you own!

Good luck, the hardest part is starting and you've done that. 

I dropped a lot of weight through walking when I first started out, you're welcome to join our walk to Mordor if you like, there's a link my signature below. 

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge