Forums are back in action! ×

Restart from last save point ?

Hello all,

Soooooo.... I joined NF last June with high hopes and big motivations... as usual it deflated as soon as I tried to weight my self after a couple of weeks of being on the right track, I kept on obsessing with the scale and decided to say ''fuck it, I'll die young, fat and miserable''

I should re-introduce my self then!

My name is Gen, I'm from Montréal, Canada (home of the Habs, poutine and roads that are so bad, they can literally eat your car...) mother of a 2.5 years old bundle of joy (not... terrible two are terribles!) and a 6 year old Siberian husky named Titus.

I still work in the same deadend job I worked last year, and I still hate it as much, but I try to make the best of it, it has stable hours and stable pay. 

I guess it wasn't all bad though, I did keep some good habits in general. I eat more fruits and drink more water, though I still drink Soda (one can a day of deadly aspartame 7up) 

I gave up on trying to run, my lungs really hate the smog where I live (or the cold in the winter...) so basically I'm screwed on that part.

I do walk more, which even though isn't great, it's better than nothing, but even then, I have trouble with the lungs/cardio... (being fat and asthmatic isn't a good mix, sucks that they often go hand in hand!)

I am now trying to make sense of it all and find something I -can- do without dying because my lungs decide to stop working, that I can keep myself disciplined enough about and that I wont go insanely obsessed with the scale.

My goal is to survive... it's silly saying it like that, but I know every day I spend living like I am now, even with the little steps I did, is a day closer to the grave.

and also.. survive a zombie apocalypse... seriously, I'm good at a lot of useful stuff in case of Zombies, but at this moment, I'm slow food for them.

Pumonca - Aventurer Level 1 - Working to become Ranger/Assasin

STR:2 DEX:2 STA:0 CON:3 WIS:2 CHA:1

Welcome! I'm new to Nerd Fitness, so I don't really know how it works on here. I just want to observe that despite your previous "fail" at NF, you came back. That means that you must want to get this done. Leave your doubts and past at the door!

Level 0 | Amazon | Class = ???

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

LJ Diet Blog

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." - Helen Keller

Welcome back meng

Im not too sure this is a 'back to save point' type deal

In those moments, often its like you're back to square uno

Sounds like ya earned some experience, have a couple of useful skills/habits under your belt, and found out a couple of things that didnt work for you. A Frustrating process fo sho, but like Redpuma said, getting back up after a setback is commendable in and of itself.

Let's call it 'new game plus' :)

good luck and good vibes brosephina

And dont worry too much about zombies. According to de grasse tyson, theres no way they are happening unless they are zombies from space.

So what im saying is i guess is worry about space zombies

Level 1 Halfling - Rebel Nooblet - STR 2|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 2

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

What the junk is lumberjane up to?

I'd say "Welcome Back!" to a fellow Canuck, but I'm just re-starting the game myself.

I'm going to agree with the "New Game +" comment. You've managed to retain some good habits, as well as the knowledge of what doesn't work.

It doesn't mean that what you did was the wrong way to go about it, but perhaps that it wasn't the best way for you or that it needs some tweaking to fit you. Even if the only bonus you have for a New Game + is the knowledge that That One Boss is immune to the strategy you were using in your previous save, that's still more than you had during your first playthrough. However, you also retained some skills and habits that can only help you advance.

To be honest, I'm jealous that you've retained some good habits; I've let all of mine slip pretty badly. That's why I'm here!

Best of luck!

Race - Ambiguously Human | Guild - None

Level - 0 | STR - ? | DEX - ? | STA - ? | CON - ? | WIS - ? | CHA - ?

yea, I kept SOME good habits, but not as much as I would have liked.

Just by coming back here though, reminds me to drink more water. My worse enemy right now are bubbles... I like bubbles! (Diet 7up)

I ordered a water fruit infuser bottle from the interweb, should help me cut down on sweets/aspartame evilness.

Don't give up! We nerds gotta stay strong/healthy to survive hehe.

Pumonca - Aventurer Level 1 - Working to become Ranger/Assasin

STR:2 DEX:2 STA:0 CON:3 WIS:2 CHA:1

Oh fruit infuser sounds awesome

I saw this really cool recipe for strawberry/lime/mint/cucumber water and its been so hot i was like, WANT

I know what you mean about le bubbles, i used to love them too, they are so refreshing!

But if you drink enough water, you find you dont crave sweet drinks anymore, or at least i dont really. When i wake up wanting a soda or juice, i know thats my body telling me im a wee bit dehydrated.

Try getting in the habit of drinking water even when you are not thirsty. I have heard that being thirsty at all means that you have already become dehydrated. You might find that soda simply doesnt appeal much anymore if you are always well-hydrated. You might have to pee all the time tho lol

Dats just what worked for me tho, someone correct me if my advice is 'sounds like its right science'

Level 1 Halfling - Rebel Nooblet - STR 2|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 2

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

What the junk is lumberjane up to?

Hi All, pretty new to the forum- the infuser sounds really cool. I'm wondering, can you infuse carbonated water? I bought a soda stream a while back, but LOVE fizzy water, so I stopped buying the syrups and have just been using the machine to carbonate my water at times- would be neat to find a super low cal way to add some flavor to it! (Also, not sure how healthy carbonated water is/isn't)

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Welcome back :)

Whether you view it as NewGame+ or starting from a previous save, the point is you're back in the game, and that has to be good.

Might I suggest, if you can't do cardio because of environmental issues, that you try some basic strength training?

Cardio is pretty inefficient anyway, and you've got to have a bit of muscle to keep swinging that cricket bat/shovel/suspiciously-acquired broadsword to fend off the space zombies.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

This is a great place to start, as you can adjust it to your current skill level, and you can do it in the comfort of your own home.

I'd certainly vouch for it, it's been my primary form of exercise for the last couple of months, and the fat is shedding just as fast as the muscle is growing.

Whatever you do, good luck, and keep on fighting the good fight.

tomocalypse

Level: 2    Race: Wood Elf   Class: Assassin

[sTR 2| DEX 3| STA 3| CON 2| WIS 1| CHA 2]

Main Quest Line - Master of my own Bodyweight     Goals - Planche Push Ups - 30 second handstand - Basic Parkour skillz   

Challenges:

#1 - Ready Player One

“If I am occasionally a little over-dressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.â€

― Oscar WildeThe Importance of Being Earnest