Forums are back in action! ×

paigetopus wants to say OH HEYYY

Hello friends, lovers, book-readers. My name is Paige. My fiance, Raghnall, recently roped me into doing Nerd Fitness with him. Okay, he told me about it, and I said, "CAN I JOIN!?" So here I am.

I have a post over in the Battle Logs (here) if you'd like to read more about my goals, but here's a basic rundown:

Currently:

- 135lbs

- 5'3"

- 27 years old

Goal:

- Lose 15lbs

I have a lot of ideas on how to get there, especially with the help of NF.

But here's more about me:

- I'm recently engaged! Woo! And we're planning to get married 3,000 miles away... uh oh.

- I have a cat. His name is Cole. He loves cute boys and his laser pointer.

- I work for the state of California. Desk job = fatty fat fat if you're not careful.

- I have a BS and an MA in English Literature. I could read books ALL DAY LONG. Sometimes I do. Favorite series: Harry Potter. Favorite genre: YA fiction. Favorite thing to do while reading: drinking coffee.

- I have many tattoos. The largest and newest of which is a giant Ganesha. Super colorful and awesome. One of the few times my thunder thighs have come in handy.

- Sports I enjoy watching on TV: none. That ish is boring. Sports I enjoy watching live: baseball! volleyball! footy!

- What is footy? Australian Rules Football! We play in a Sacramento league and it is THE BEST. Also a great way to get in shape ... if you have the time to play.

- I love coffee. A lot. Good coffee. Thai coffee. Lattes.

- I'm gluten intolerant. I know some people think it's the new thing or whatever, but wheat actually affects me. As in, makes me sick. I eat it anyway because I love bread. But damn does it bum me out.

So that's me in a nutshell. I'm excited to get to know everyone here and get IN SHAPE! I have to be in a wedding dress in 16 months so I want to get in shape and STAY in shape. Let's do this!

• Like 1

paigetopus, level 0 satyr adventurer
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Starting Weight: 137

Current Weight: 135.2 (1.8 lbs Lost)

Goal Weight: 120

Welcome, Paige!  A fellow Californian :)   Congratulation on your engagement!   If you love YA fiction, I highly recommend the Mysterious Benedict Society.

Adventurer  Level: 1  Stats: Strength - 1, Dexterity - 2, Stamina - 4, Constitution - 2, Wisdom - 1, Charisma - 0

Current Challenge: Run the Town

100%
100%

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff" - 10th Doctor

Yay cali thread

It was so hot today i napped forever and ever

Are you thankin of going paleo? It would fit well with your gluten intolerance, also there are a bazillion awesome and filling low cal healthy recipes out there over yonder

But more than that welcome welcome!

Super jelly of this tatt you speak of, i love them to pieces on other people but im so indecisive id never be sure i was going to love it enough to put it on me

Wats australian soccer like?

Level 1 Halfling - Rebel Nooblet - STR 2|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 2

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

What the junk is lumberjane up to?

Welcome, Paige!  A fellow Californian :)   Congratulation on your engagement!   If you love YA fiction, I highly recommend the Mysterious Benedict Society.

Thank you! And I'll have to add that to my ever-growing to-read list! :)

Yay cali thread

It was so hot today i napped forever and ever

Are you thankin of going paleo? It would fit well with your gluten intolerance, also there are a bazillion awesome and filling low cal healthy recipes out there over yonder

But more than that welcome welcome!

Super jelly of this tatt you speak of, i love them to pieces on other people but im so indecisive id never be sure i was going to love it enough to put it on me

Wats australian soccer like?

WOOF! It was so hot! Fortunately I work in an office building. But I love the heat!

I was basically paleo for the month of October. We ate a lot of veggies and meat and stayed away from anything processed. I'm trying to get us going back in that direction, it's just difficult to do sometimes when we're super busy.

It's actually Australian football! It's kind of like a mix of football, soccer and rugby... but not like any of it at the same time. Here's a good video to watch if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxhqXzVBen4

Here's my tattoo so far. I'm finishing it this weekend!

10257356_846133350457_357873555641053555

It goes hip to knee on my left side. I can't wait for the finished product. I've been thinking about getting this for years and I finally had the money to do it :)

WOOF! It was so hot! Fortunately I work in an office building. But I love the heat!

I was basically paleo for the month of October. We ate a lot of veggies and meat and stayed away from anything processed. I'm trying to get us going back in that direction, it's just difficult to do sometimes when we're super busy.

It's actually Australian football! It's kind of like a mix of football, soccer and rugby... but not like any of it at the same time. Here's a good video to watch if you're interested:

Here's my tattoo so far. I'm finishing it this weekend!

10257356_846133350457_357873555641053555

It goes hip to knee on my left side. I can't wait for the finished product. I've been thinking about getting this for years and I finally had the money to do it :)

I prefer the heat to the cold fo sho, I just hate when it makes me sreepies

I know what you mean, paleo can be time consuming, especially if you want to dabble in the tastier things. I make myself dried fruit/nut bars for on the go, and used to keep a lot of pre-cooked meats in fridge for easy protein. But I also am not super strict :P I can't be arsed to make fancy substitutes for some of my favorite things that include processed sugars, like sriracha or some sauces, I just try and use them sparingly.

That is a sweet tatt gurl

I love the detail work on the crown and flowery bottom, and the bold lines reminds me a little of art nouveau <3

EDIT: is that a thing you train to do on the regular in that game? Use your knee to climb up onto someone to get the ball?! If so, spectacular

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

I prefer the heat to the cold fo sho, I just hate when it makes me sreepies

I know what you mean, paleo can be time consuming, especially if you want to dabble in the tastier things. I make myself dried fruit/nut bars for on the go, and used to keep a lot of pre-cooked meats in fridge for easy protein. But I also am not super strict :tongue: I can't be arsed to make fancy substitutes for some of my favorite things that include processed sugars, like sriracha or some sauces, I just try and use them sparingly.

That is a sweet tatt gurl

I love the detail work on the crown and flowery bottom, and the bold lines reminds me a little of art nouveau <3

EDIT: is that a thing you train to do on the regular in that game? Use your knee to climb up onto someone to get the ball?! If so, spectacular

I play a much more tame version of footy. we play on a touch league, usually, but there's also a tackle league. the guys in that video are professionals and we just play for fun :)

thanks for the compliments! I told my tattoo guy that I wanted it to be more like a painting so I'm glad you picked up on that! :D

I try to make my own sauces too, when I can. I like to do my own salad dressings, especially. it's so much tastier when it's not filled with sugar and preservatives.

Bwuhhh i should make my own sauces too. Maybe some day soon. Im transitioning right now so im just slowly replacing things on my regular grocery list and trying new recipes, sometimes when i see a recipe that requires i try something new AND go out and buy an expensive fat substitute AND make a sauce out of things i dont have, its a little daunting and i just make do with what i have around. But one day ill have all that stuff down pat and dabble in the saucy sauce

Thats pretty cool! Ive never been especially good at sports, when did you get into footy and how long have you been playin?

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

Also, making all of those sauces and bits for paleo creates a ton of dishes!  In our house, Paige cooks and I do dishes.  I love the deal while I'm eating, but not so much when I see all of the dirty pans and mixing bowls on the counters, haha.

• Like 2

Raghnall (Or Todd)

Losing weight for my wedding in October 2015.

Starting Weight: 238

Current Weight: 239.8 (-1.8 lb lost)

Goal Weight: 190

Bwuhhh i should make my own sauces too. Maybe some day soon. Im transitioning right now so im just slowly replacing things on my regular grocery list and trying new recipes, sometimes when i see a recipe that requires i try something new AND go out and buy an expensive fat substitute AND make a sauce out of things i dont have, its a little daunting and i just make do with what i have around. But one day ill have all that stuff down pat and dabble in the saucy sauce

Thats pretty cool! Ive never been especially good at sports, when did you get into footy and how long have you been playin?

fortunately, a lot of sauces require just a little here and there so if you get a big bottle of something, it lasts FOR-EV-ER.

A friend of mine has played for a few years and I met his friends that run the group and they hounded us until we agreed to try it out and we loved it! we've only been playing for about a year. and we're not playing this season because we're so stinking busy. AND there's no summer league this year which bums me out. but there will be a fall league! and it's great for newbs too because they teach you how to play :)

• Like 1

Hahahaha. Okie doke, I guess I better go out and check out some sauce recipes x) do y'all have any go-to suggestions?

Awesome, I love newb friendly activities! Because I am in all senses of the word a newly nooblet in all sports types deals

I'm not the most naturally graceful, I kind of waddle around, but I suspect this is because I'm not used to running much. If I did more of that type of thing I think my body would align itself and the stars would align also

And lol I know what you mean, raghnall. I used to have that set up with an ex, and it worked out well until it was my turn to get up and actually do exactly a million dishes

I'm only exaggerating a little bit

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

exactly a million sounds like a lot. he usually only has to do about 3,050. and empty the litter box ;)

my favorite dressing to make is balsamic vinaigrette! you can get low sodium/low sugar balsamic so that helps, as does using fresh spices. another favorite is a mustard dressing for green beans that uses mustard and honey. it's actually a Gordon Ramsay recipe. I've never tried it on anything but the beans but I could practically drink it so it would probably be good on salads too.

I AM SO NOT GRACEFUL. I played volleyball in high school and I would get hit in the face with the volleyball at least every day.

I want a pet so bad, but I'd have not enough time to love on it right now :( one day maybe when I'm a shut in grad student

Cool; I'll def look those up once my dressings run out. Also! I just made paleo pad thai last night with this 'sunshine sauce' that's like a tangy spicy nut butter type deal and it wasn't too hard and it was a big hit :) yay me! I did have to sacrifice the rest of my beloved almond butter to make it tho :( but so tastyyy. I shall have to give this sauce thing much more consideration.

Also I love the Ramsey. That mustard dressing sounds amaze balls.

Lol I used to play basketball for the local girls league. Once my coach made me run in a straight line in front of the other girls and then turned to the team and said see, that's what I don't want you all to do

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

Lol I used to play basketball for the local girls league. Once my coach made me run in a straight line in front of the other girls and then turned to the team and said see, that's what I don't want you all to do

Ouch!  I had a coach do that to me when I played football.  He had me line up against another guy and try to block him (I was a lineman).  When I couldn't stop him, he turned to the other linemen and said, "See, that's how not to do it."

Raghnall (Or Todd)

Losing weight for my wedding in October 2015.

Starting Weight: 238

Current Weight: 239.8 (-1.8 lb lost)

Goal Weight: 190