Forums are back in action! ×

Finally contributing to the Rebellion

I have been hanging around NF for about a year.  I have made a few attempts to start good eating habits and exercise habits but they have always failed, either because of work or deployment ( I am in the Navy).  
I am getting close to leaving the Navy, and want to make sure that I can continue to have some sort of structured regime when it comes to physical activity.  I am looking forward to joining the Adventurers after my first 6 week challenge....they seem to fit my style the most. I am looking to probably just start off trying to develop some good habits at the beginning and working my  way up to doing crossfit. 
My son is 15, and is in track, so I do have a reason to do really good and help him out at the same time. I am hoping my wife will join us as well. Usually when I am on deployment we both work out, but we usually fall back into a slum when I get back. I am just looking for motivation from other people who share the same goals and interests as me.  
We truly are a family of nerds...anything from Star Wars to Harry Potter, Firefly and Arrow...play plenty of MMOs and online games, as well as we all really enjoy weekly games of Munchkin. Its refreshing that our kids enjoy the same 'nerdness' as me and the wife.

You're our kind of fitness nerd. Welcome to the boards, looking forward to seeing how things go!

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!