Forums are back in action! ×

Or whatever time of day it is for you. My name is Maddie and for some reason I ended up here. I cannot remember what article I was reading, but with a name like Nerd Fitness - it called and I followed.

I have been battling my weight for a few years. A lot has happened in a few years that have helped with the cushioning – being told I was not ‘attractive’, going on and off birth control, starting, and stop smoking (which is now limited vaping), divorce, and school. Now engaged to a wonderful (and quite nerdy) gent (who has his own reasons for having some extra cushion), it is time to shed off these extra pounds and stay in shape for my well-being - mentally and physically.

I do not have a real plan set up as of right now.

Since I am in school still and no source of income, I eat what is available to me. One home is a processed, box foods setting – the other has the diabetic-healthy-alternatives but there are snacks… a lot of it. With these homes not my own, I cannot purge the bad and bring in the good. The well-being of myself and my property would be in great danger.

So besides resisting temptation (which hurts with having a sweet tooth), the only plan I have at this moment is the limitation of eating the bad (to the best of my ability and surrounding), and getting off my lazy butt and doing something. While I volunteer at a kennel (which is a good few hours of cleaning and tug-o-war), that is really the extent of physical fitness. It is horrible, I know. I tend to forget, become lazy, or feel too foolish in doing it.

Anyways, that is me. Well the ‘needed fitness’ me. I have a lot to get through (and lot content from the forums to comb over to get ideas) but this is a needed step for me.

As for the nerd me… I am an introvert that have more books then friends. Would like to write a book but have more writer blocks then owned books. A really big vampire fanatic that started in the early 90s (30 Days of Night is one of my favorites), a deep fascination and love for Hannibal Lecter and I love RPGs. When I have the time, I play Masquerade: Requiem (LARP) and D&D (though I suck at character combat rolling). Oh, and I have a love/hate relationship with WoW.

So yea, me. Going to go wander through the forums to see... well to get lost.

• Like 3

Hi Maddie and welcome to Nerd Fitness, I also like vampire stuff plus Dark fantasy and steam/cyber punk fiction.

Keep on posting there is something for everyone here and a lot of good people.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Hi Maddie!

I'm a previous long time Masquerade player (LARP and table top), so thanks for clueing me in that White Wolf replaced VtM with Requiem. The changes seem interesting. I think the shift away from action sounds nice. Celerity and Potence used to be so OP that every elder had to invest some or else risk getting taken out by a starting character. I don't like my favorite clan Malkavians becoming a subset of Ventrue with an unnecessary name change to 'Malkovians' though.

I'm new around here too and will probably see you around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hi Maddie and welcome to Nerd Fitness, I also like vampire stuff plus Dark fantasy and steam/cyber punk fiction.

Keep on posting there is something for everyone here and a lot of good people.

Hi and thanks for the welcome! If you have any suggestions on steam/cyber punk fiction, send them my way! There is never enough books/novels to read in my opinion. Also, out of curiosity, is your username in reference to Simon R. Greens series?

Hi Maddie!

I'm a previous long time Masquerade player (LARP and table top), so thanks for clueing me in that White Wolf replaced VtM with Requiem. The changes seem interesting. I think the shift away from action sounds nice. Celerity and Potence used to be so OP that every elder had to invest some or else risk getting taken out by a starting character. I don't like my favorite clan Malkavians becoming a subset of Ventrue with an unnecessary name change to 'Malkovians' though.

I'm new around here too and will probably see you around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello llcawthorne! Yeah, I am still heart torn between the clan shifts from VtM to Requiem. Regardless of having VtM books much longer then Requiem, if it was not for the Minds Eye Society Group I play with, I would still be just an avid 'collector' of White Wolf material. Still slow on the mechanics but excel in the social aspects! Hope you are well in your progress of 'greatness' and will definitely cross paths again!

Hi and thanks for the welcome! If you have any suggestions on steam/cyber punk fiction, send them my way! There is never enough books/novels to read in my opinion. Also, out of curiosity, is your username in reference to Simon R. Greens series?

Sure is just call me John Taylor lol

• Like 1

<3 it and will do (though, I will end up saying John Bloody Taylor). It is my 'go-to' series when in between books.

Snap.

Google "Angry Robots" they publish an awesome range of "punk" books.

I will post a list of some personal favourites later.

• Like 1

Hi! Had to stop and wave because I also have more books than friends. Good luck with everything!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

*High five to the many adventures and comforts found in books*

Its a pleasure to meetcha and good luck to your quests!

Hi, Maddie I hear you on the sweet tooth and the books! Another aspiring writer, here, too. Welcome to the Rebellion!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir