Forums are back in action! ×

Milestone...ish?

...as many may or may not know, I was in a car accident of April 2013.  I had my foot on the dash as someone blew a red light and hit the car next to us and us.  The airbag deployed (at 200mph), and hit the middle of my calf on the inside, knocking my ankle outwards.  I seriously thought my leg was broken.  Turns out, I had a completely torn ligament, a partially torn ligament, and a severely stretched ligament (for those playing the Home Edition, that's Grades 3, 2, and 1 sprains, in order of appearance).  It took 9 months to get the surgery scheduled to repair everything.  As of Tuesday this past week (May 13), I was released from physical therapy.  As of today, I was given clearance to start trying to regain my regular routines (I was powerlifting 3x/wk and running 3x/wk).  I'm allowed to start running training, but I need to brace my ankle for the next two months, if I do it.  

I did my first workout in 10 months (because, yes, I was still working out on the severe sprain since no one actually thought to order an MRI until September) Saturday with a 10lbs Kettlebell.  It's just 4 kettlebell exercises and 4 sets of pushups.  I also started a Keto plan for the next 4 weeks to get into a habit of tracking what goes in my mouth and eating healthier.  Once I get my relationship with food under control, I'll switch over to Paleo/Primal (I really like my cheese, dern it!).  In the few days where I've been drinking nothing but water and being super restrictive on my carbs, I've manage to lose 5lbs.  I have a lot of hope.

Gaming convention this weekend in L.A!  Super excited to debut a cosplay,but really wish I was still 25lbs lighter....

Here's to an exciting next two months!  I want to go back to my ortho in July looking way better than I did when I went in September.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.†- The Fourth Doctor

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...as is instant death.  Avada Kedavra, Sweetie...

Facebook | TwitterFitocracy

PhD Student - I/O Psychology

Oh man, getting released from physical therapy is a great feeling!  It's also pretty damned hard to keep those physical therapists happy, I know they worked the hell out of you for your recovery!  That alone is woot-worthy!

I'll be following your progress.  As a fellow injury-recovery person, I'm very interested in how people progress after something brutal occurs.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!!! :D

That's great that you're back to training, you must be so relieved. There's nothing fun about being laid up. Here's hoping it all goes well in the coming weeks :encouragement:

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously