Forums are back in action! ×

Hi NF community!

I'm a 23 year old student from Toronto, Canada. Over the years I've put on 50 or so pounds and become a giant couch potato, losing all my self confidence. :( I've recently begun to get serious about losing weight - well not just that, but becoming fit, healthy, and strong. After not being able to climb the four flights of stairs to the top classrooms at school, or keep up with my (rambunctious) nephew for more than 5 minutes, I've realized changes had to be made.

Over the years I've tried various diets, and learned about nutrition/healthy eating along the way. I'm excited to actually put that knowledge into play and learn even more here. Discovering Nerd Fitness was such a blessing! It's right up my alley and the first fitness community that I've felt comfortable joining. :) I've read many articles,and poked around the forums reading about challenges and etc. In the past 2 weeks or so, I've dropped some weight! I started at 174 lbs. I don't want to get obsessed with the scale, so I haven't been on it again, but I can definitely see a difference in my clothes by moving towards a paleo diet, which is so motivating and exciting for me. :)

I'm just beginning to do strength training. I actually did my first beginner bodyweight workout today and it REALLY kicked my ass, but in the best way possible! Lifting really interests me and that's the way I intend to go with my training as I progress, so any beginner advice/tips/points of interest in that area would be awesome! 

So looking forward to getting to know you all! 

Great job getting started!

I gained a similar amount of weight between highschool and where I am now (31 years old) and I'm very interested in putting a stop to that trend. I just signed myself up for an obstacle course race, to give myself a really concrete goal to shoot for.

Make sure you keep us posted on how things are going!

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

I'm a noob with a similar story. Still a bit lost with the weight lifting and what not, but we'll both get in down after a bit. Good luck with your goals. 

Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese. True?  :highly_amused:

Level 1 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 1|WIS 4|CHA 3

So, Start it Already! (1st Challenge)  Log