Forums are back in action! ×

Level up for a Warrior Dash

Hi Everyone. I'm a new Nerd Rebel from Portland, Oregon.

I just signed up for a Warrior Dash event about three months from now, and I've got the upper body strength of a toaster.

I'm taking the first steps to getting ready now, and I'm looking forward to the six-week challenge starting in June.

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

My biggest worry is the monkey bars. There's a set of them about 2.5 miles down a walking/biking path from my apartment, so I've been jogging out there every two or three days. I alternate reps of hanging from the bars as long as I can (have worked from 5 seconds to 12 so far), with inverted rows I do from a bar about as high as my navel (and I'm glad it's not lower -- that's challenge enough!)

The rows are actually something I learned about from here, and they feel great.

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

Hey! You can so do the Warrior Dash! I'm actually sitting here in my Warrior shirt from last year. We didn't have monkey bars in ours (I doubt that I would have done well in that part of it), but I felt pretty good about completing it. My biggest issue was being short (I'm 4'11...I couldn't reach crap!) It was a lot of fun and you'll have a great time. Here's my Warrior Face!  I'm the one on the left. We were muddy for days! HA! You'll have to let us all know how it goes. Good luck with everything! 

Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese. True?  :highly_amused:

Level 1 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 1|WIS 4|CHA 3

So, Start it Already! (1st Challenge)  Log