Forums are back in action! ×

A trio of minor Woots that made my day

So, I received some RL encouragement today.  It gave me a huge happy.

Two people that I don't see all that often (every few months) commented to me that I look like I've really started to slim down.  That made me feel awesome.

Then while squatting, I stood in front of the power rack while catching my breath.  When I saw myself in the mirror I noticed something for the first time.  My stomach was no longer the most visible thing in my reflection.  My shirt was hanging off my chest and the stomach wasn't visible at all.  This is the first time since I first got hurt 3 years ago and really packed on the weight that this has been the case! Rawr! 

Then I tested my 1rm on a few things, including bench press.  I've mostly done Waldo's beginner bodyweight challenge this 6 week cycle (though poorly, due to still healing from a muscle pull).  Before the challenge my 1rm was calculated at 152lbs.  Today it calculated at 174lbs!  A 22lb gain on the bench press?!  I didn't think that could still happen 6 months in on my training!  Rawr!

• Like 4

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue