Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow rebels,

I've been a rebel for a while however I've been afk for a few months and my circumstances have changed. So I decided to wipe the slate clean and start again from scratch and I thought I would reintroduce myself.

I am Rachy87 and I am from Perth, Western Australia.

I enjoy a bunch of things like Lord of The Rings, Hello Kitty, FPS and puzzle games (I <3 Portal), action movies, AFL, reading books, going to metal gigs... I'm a mixed bag of interests. I also love to travel!

I am overweight (5'6" 109kgs)

Due to a few medical things I need to take things slow and not rush head first into a brick wall which will put me out of action. So until things get sorted I need to put most of my focus into my diet (which is where 80% of success lies anyways) and improve my fitness slowly and surely.

I have 2 setting which are over-enthusiastic (which causes brick wall incidents) and laziness. I need help to calm down my over-zealousness and reassure me that not doing everything at once is ok and is actually my best option. I need help when I'm having one of those lazy days and need a swift kick in the pants to make sure my day off doesn't turn into a month off.

My support at home is quite varible. My family love me to pieces, don't get me wrong, and they are worried about my health and fitness. However they aren't very good at helping me in the ways I need it regardless of how I try to explain.

So I need some more support from elsewhere, from likeminded people who understand that willpower is a finite resource, those who don't take every "health/fitness" article they read as gospel until they've seen the references that back it up, those who can be hard on me when I can't be hard on myself, those who can encourage me when I want to rage quit, those who have been there before and understand....

Yes fellow rebels I need support from you.

Whilst it's difficult for me to ask, I need help will anyone assist me?

Moving on quickly because I hate asking such things (fear of rejection and ridicule mostly), my goals are as follows:

1. I want to get my health back on a good path

2. I want to lose weight and fit into pretty clothes

3. I want to be strong physically

4. I want to be strong mentally.

My top 5 habits that need changing:

1. I'm thirsty let’s have a soft drink

2. Sleep and rest more and to stress less (medical stuff requires me to relax)

3. Eating for the sake of taste entertainment or to ease boredom

4. Too busy today however I have time tomorrow

5. Beating myself up over preserved failures

Okay without getting my resume out or linking to my Facebook and Twitter accounts this is more or less who I am.

I am looking forward to improving me and levelling up. This time I am ready...

Regards

Rachy87

Level X - Human Ranger

Str: X ~ Dex: X ~ Sta: X ~ Con: X ~ Wis: X ~ Cha: X

Rachy87 - Going to level up my way, watch this space!

Not all who wander are lost 

Rachy - the other Perth Nerd xD Glad you're back, lass!

You and me are a rare breed, eh? Loads of Rebels in the eastern states - annoyingly - but very few here...

In other words - I shall help you; It's empty enough Down Here as it is :tongue:

Those habits and goals look like the perfect challenge in the making to me, too :D

Come into the chat room sometime, there’s loads of awesome people in there most of the time - me included :3

I'll be keeping an eye on ya!

Lupus :D

(Oh, and if you ever need a Nerd to catch up with, gimmie a shout :D )

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

Rachy - the other Perth Nerd xD Glad you're back, lass!

You and me are a rare breed, eh? Loads of Rebels in the eastern states - annoyingly - but very few here...

In other words - I shall help you; It's empty enough Down Here as it is :tongue:

Those habits and goals look like the perfect challenge in the making to me, too :D

Come into the chat room sometime, there’s loads of awesome people in there most of the time - me included :3

I'll be keeping an eye on ya!

Lupus :D

(Oh, and if you ever need a Nerd to catch up with, gimmie a shout :D )

Hello again Lupus,

Thank you :)

Captain Tightpants is a new Perth rebel and was attempting to organise a catch up here

I will appreciate the help :)

You're right it does seem a bit empty here in Perth town.

Please do keep an eye on me, I tend to be a bit slack if I know I can get away with it.

:)

Level X - Human Ranger

Str: X ~ Dex: X ~ Sta: X ~ Con: X ~ Wis: X ~ Cha: X

Rachy87 - Going to level up my way, watch this space!

Not all who wander are lost