Forums are back in action! ×

Newwww and I suck at these things ahah

Helloooo~

Well, at least for those of us who do suck at these things y'all give us a few questions to answer at least, eheh.

Well, my name is Jess, though online I usually go by "Kushy". I live in the DFW area of Texas, anddddddddd idk where to start really lol.

I've been starting and failing workout and get healthy plans ever since I got out of high school basically, and just never can really follow through. I know why, and I know how to fix it. This is where you guys come in.

See, I have had a few temporary successes during my attempts to get healthy. The issue is every time I start to really see results, something will come up, or someone in my life will literally drag me back down.

I have been fighting the lone wolf battle for a long time, and not by choice. My fiance' is usually enthusiastic, but will not want to stick to the plan, and even will encourage me to fall off it at times with unhealthy things such as foods I am trying to avoid. I love him of course, but he just. . . isn't supportive enough I guess? Now then you may wonder, what about my friends?

This probably sounds really dumb, as most have at least one or two, but I really do not have any near me. Those that I know that I sometimes call my friends are actually my fiance's friends, and well, they are much more unhealthy than he is. All of us are nerds, but I feel that I am the only one who actually wants to be able to fight off the zombies if they ever did attack, rather than just "have a plan". You know, not much use to have a plan but not be able to put it into action right? They are all just so unhealthy they'd be eaten before they knew what hit them! D=

So. . . yeah. I would like to get to where maybe at some point I can make some local workout buddies and people to help me get off my ass and get out there. My loved ones and current friends just do not share how I feel about getting healthy.

Uhhhh this is all over the place forgive me haha. I am super nervous and shy and I suck with these things - and that is also something I struggle with (and part of why I have been alone in this so long ^^;;; )

Part of the reason I have no local friends currently is that, those I have attempted, just haven't really clicked, and otherwise I am again too shy and nervous to go and meet people. And I would particularly like work out buddies because I don't feel safe by myself very often at all, and the ways and times I prefer to work out are at times when most people don't feel safe anyways sooooo that makes it even harder ahah.

Being the strange type that I am, I really have the most fun when it comes to physical activities when I get. . . scared. Or hyped to run away from something. A few of my favorite outdoor activities include playing during storms (running around in the rain and all that jazz), night time walks, and hunting for haunted places to get the crap scared out myself and my party! =D

I'm open to other fun suggestions too of course so long as they are cheap/free, as my fiance' and I are saving up for some pretty big life goals currently. =]

Annnnd as for my plan. . . Well, I do for the time being at least, feel that I have everything that I do need figured out, done already. My fiance' and I have just started a 6 week challenge of our own together, of which I haven't posted anything on here about, and am not sure if I will. . . yet. . .. D= But aside from that for now I just really want support you know! =D I need friends! Going mad here with all these negative people haha!

Oh and I guess a bit more about me personally aside from the strange things I tend to find "fun", I occasionally enjoy watching movies, playing games, and drawing. All occasionally. I switch between hobbies frequently  and am not really into anything enough to declare a fandom. And I feel I don't even play games enough to really call myself a gamer. . . I like sciencey things, particularly weather and life sciences. I often enjoy discussing the types of things most find uncomfortable. I like to pick at peoples minds and ask them things that make them think beyond the known and look beyond the obvious. Documentaries are a thing I watch for fun sometimes. I find quantum physics to be very mind-boggling and the subject of quantum communications and the potential of the human mind to be fascinating, and enjoy questioning the motives behind actions and behaviors of others as well as even myself. uhhh. . .  I guess that's it? I'm open to questions if anyone's curious about anything else. o-o I just don't know what to sayyyyy. XD

I guess that's all for now so uh. Hi! =o I hope to make some awesome friends here! >=o -aggressive friend-making-

Welcome to the boards!  You're in luck cause we have quite a TX contigent (which means you're no more than a days drive away from lots of folks :-) )  Might want to check the meetup forums for some ideas of contacts.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Have you tried the Zombies, Run! app for smartphones? I've heard good things about the app (which is available for iPhone and Android, but not Windows Phone :/). It sounds right up your alley.

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again