Forums are back in action! ×

I'm soon to be 19 year old student from Finland trying to get my life back to what it used to be. I used to do taekwondo, do well in school and arranged small events for my friends, mostly some kind of sparring and/or obstacle courses with maybe a trick or two we tried to learn thrown into the mix. 

I was popular, healthy and confident but when we moved out to a new place the so called 'fresh start' didn't work really as well as I would have hoped. As a result these days I'm only just managing to graduate in 6 months, I have no idea where I am going from here. I quit my hobbies years ago and as a result my athletic results have dropped to below average. 

So I figured I really need to change the direction my life is going, and to do it now. But I'm a social person so I thought that maybe joining the forums would give me that little extra push I might need. Mostly I'm here to learn self discipline again and trying to find motivation to stay on the right track again. 

Nice to meet you all! Feel free to leave a message and say hi! I love meeting new people and it would be great to hear your story :)

-Mugen

• Like 1

Human

Level: 1

STR: 2 | DEX: 0 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

do you have any thoughts about goals for your challenge?!.

(and I love your profile pic BTW)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

do you have any thoughts about goals for your challenge?!.

(and I love your profile pic BTW)

Thank you! And I'll be trying to run 1.5 miles in twelve minutes or less :) Also, might try to figure out some meditation related goals because meditation? Totally awesome.

Human

Welcome! 

I second alienjenn: I love your profile pic! Also, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress during the challenge. 

Have you done meditation before? I find it so hard but afterwards I always feel like a million bucks. Definitely something to look into. :)

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Hello and welcome!

I started journaling recently, and have found that a huge help in finding clarity on my self-discipline and motivation issues...trying to start a meditation habit is next on my list too! I'll be there with ya on the upcoming challenge. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

1st Challenge | Current Challenge

"Eat a ton of protein. Squat heavy. Push heavy objects. Have sex. Love life." -Jim Wendler

Warrior Challenge Vanity Goal: 4k pushups in 6 weeks

31.3%
31.3%

1250/4,000

Welcome! 

I second alienjenn: I love your profile pic! Also, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress during the challenge. 

Have you done meditation before? I find it so hard but afterwards I always feel like a million bucks. Definitely something to look into. :)

Thank you! Seems like lots of people here like nature, huh? :) Or just colour green? Which is totally cool too xD 

I've actually tried meditation a few times but I've got trouble keeping it up. Or just trouble meditating altogether some days, I'm one of those people who literally can't sit still and have an attention spam of a 5 year old. Which is why I'm trying to meditate in the first place, at least I've been told it'd be good for me? I suppose we'll see!

Human

Hello and welcome!

I started journaling recently, and have found that a huge help in finding clarity on my self-discipline and motivation issues...trying to start a meditation habit is next on my list too! I'll be there with ya on the upcoming challenge. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Yay for meditation! Let's both do our best and kick some serious butt! 

Human

Thank you! Seems like lots of people here like nature, huh? :) Or just colour green? Which is totally cool too xD 

.me likes nature.... :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I've actually tried meditation a few times but I've got trouble keeping it up. Or just trouble meditating altogether some days, I'm one of those people who literally can't sit still and have an attention spam of a 5 year old. Which is why I'm trying to meditate in the first place, at least I've been told it'd be good for me? I suppose we'll see!

I am a nature junkie, that's for sure, haha! 

That's why when I do meditation, I start with a super short one. I can usually build a bit more calm and focus with each meditation, but It's still hard. I think it might take us quite a few tries before we can be completely calm for a long while, but we'll get there! :)

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I am a nature junkie, that's for sure, haha! 

That's why when I do meditation, I start with a super short one. I can usually build a bit more calm and focus with each meditation, but It's still hard. I think it might take us quite a few tries before we can be completely calm for a long while, but we'll get there! :)

We'll totally get there :P In the meanwhile tho, good luck to both of us! 

Human