Forums are back in action! ×

League of Lazy no more!

Hello Team!

My name is Amanda, currently residing in the wonderful Vancouver, British Columbia. Lately I have come to realize I am not living to my potential, I am tired all the time and I feel mentally fatigued as well. I used to think my 12 hr shifts as a nurse were good enough but now I'm noticing I am lacking stamina to try to work as much as I used to. 

I noticed I have lost a lot of motivation for certain hobbies because I am just lethargic, so I really need to change my lifestyle to include some real fitness and better eating habits. I have been out a few times with the lovely zombie run app, which is extra glorious when you run at night. My long term goal is basically to get confident enough to job on the popular trails around here and feel like I have the energy to do what I want.

I look forward to looking through all these amazing threads and finding out about this 6 week challenge thing.

Thanks for looking guys!

• Like 2

Welcome!!!

I'm also participating in the 6 week challenge next week and it's also my first as well :D 

If you're looking for challenges to jump right into check out the ongoing PVP challenges as well, great source to kick start healthy habit changes! I was super lethargic and felt like I was dragging myself down. I felt like I didn't have enough energy to keep up with work, school and most of all my pup. I felt guilty going to the gym instead of spending time with her (I realize it was an excuse now because a lot of times I'd just sit in front of the computer or watch netflix, not really spend quality time with her). Since I started hitting up the gym a few times a week I get my me time (MUCH needed!) and my energy back to take pup for long walks/jogs and play with her when I'm home.

The energy spike isn't instant but it's pretty quick, I started feeling better about what I could do and felt I had more energy just a week or two after I started. 

Good luck, and if you need extra motivation feel free to pm me :)

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Nice job! I'm definitely hoping to get into that loop of energy -> more fitness -> energy even just to keep up with normal life. I was the same when I lived at home with 2 dogs, kept saying I'd go for hikes but I'd be on Netflix too. I regret that now that I don't live near them. I bet you puppy is so happy now!

welcome to the rebellion!!!

I am a nurse too (in intensive care) and I work 12 hour overnights... no one seems to understand that I DO NOTHING when I work... no appointments no nothing... so I totally get what you are saying about being tired!!

I do the ZR ap at night too :) and it's so cool running through desolated areas at night and it says ZOMBIE!!! :D

feel free to PM me :D

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Welcome to NF!  You've come just in time to sign up for the next challenge, starting June 9th! 

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]