Forums are back in action! ×

Lost in Neverland; Arya Sapphire

(Sooooo... I think I put my introduction topic in the wrong place so I'll put it here instead. Oops! I can be a little confused sometimes.)

Hi everyone! :3

Gosh. I feel shy right now.

I've been reading the NF website for the past weeks and just got more and more interested in the community and philosophy behind it. I'm a little (literally at 5'5) French pixie (or something like that) who's been super passionate about fitness for a while now. But laziness always got the best of me. And so does emotional eating. 

I'm 90% vegan. I'm also a geek in love with tv shows, Legend of Zelda (I mean who isn't?) and many more things but I'll get to that another day. I do not wish to bother your kind souls too much right now. 

For the past 6 weeks, I've been doing strength training at the gym and I have discovered that I adore lifting weights. The first time I put a barbell on my back to do squats; it just clicked. It felt so right. And I felt strong for the first time in a very long time. 

• My Main Quest: Get stronger and leaner to look and feel really good in a Black Widow cosplay. :3 (is that specific enough? I basically want to lose body fat %, lift heavier things, have a better cardio and just feel awesome in the skin I live with)

To do so, I want to: 

• Do strength training 3x-4x times a week. 
  • Do yoga at least twice a week to work on my flexibility and my mind. 
  • Try to do outdoor jogs 3x times a week. 

• My Life Quest: To take the clutter away from my house. I really REALLY need to keep things cleaner and I think that will benefit me in other areas of my life as well. :3
  • Can I add a second one and say that I'd like to write a little bit everyday? I've been putting so many writing projects on hold for the past year!

• My Motivation: I want to feel stronger. I want to feel like I am worthy of all my dreams. Working out has always made me feel better and I think that by writing here, it will help me keep accountable of all my goals. Also, I really want to rock all those skin-tight cosplays.  :)

So... This was a bit long, oopsi! But thank you to whoever is reading this. You guys all seem so awesome and welcoming. I can't wait to get started! 

• Like 6

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I think it is perfect.  Welcome to the Rebellion!!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Thank you so much! It feels nice to know that the Rebellion is as welcoming as I hoped it would be. :)

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I hear ya girl!!!

isn't it so amazing when you pick that barbell up and you think "I have never lifted anythign so heavy in my life!" and then you do it again!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I hear ya girl!!!

isn't it so amazing when you pick that barbell up and you think "I have never lifted anythign so heavy in my life!" and then you do it again!

Y.E.S. That's such a good feeling! The funny part is that I used to be one of those girls that wouldn't lift anything heavier than 5lbs because I thought I'd get bulky... Well now I'm hooked. :)

We love long posts as long as they are interesting as yours is.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you so much, that's super nice of you! 

Yeah.... I wanna get "bulky" lol!

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I hear you on that! I can't wait to have more muscle definition and lift super heavy things, haha. :)

• My Main Quest: Get stronger and leaner to look and feel really good in a Black Widow cosplay.

Gah this is brilliant! I've always struggled with visualization, but maybe I can come up with a good visual to strive for myself.

Welcome to the Rebellion and keep your training momentum going!  :joyous:

1st Challenge | Current Challenge

"Eat a ton of protein. Squat heavy. Push heavy objects. Have sex. Love life." -Jim Wendler

Warrior Challenge Vanity Goal: 4k pushups in 6 weeks

31.3%
31.3%

1250/4,000

Welcome! I've just got hooked on the whole heavy stuff thing too - it's inexplicable, really. It's just lifting and yet, I dunno... maybe 'cause it's so primal or something? Purely physical? I don't know. I just went from 5kg dumbbells up to 9, 13 and 15kg (various exercises) and the heaviest feel amazing. Like... warm :D I don't know. I am hopefully starting barbell training this weekend and I can't wait.

And I've just taken up yoga and running too, so we have similar goals :) Faster, stronger and feeling more thrilled with what our bodies can do rather than how they look in a photo!

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

Gah this is brilliant! I've always struggled with visualization, but maybe I can come up with a good visual to strive for myself.

Welcome to the Rebellion and keep your training momentum going!  :joyous:

Yes! I find that having a character in mind to cosplay gives me a good focus on what I need to do to get there. Thank you so much! I can't wait for this challenge to start. :)

Welcome! I've just got hooked on the whole heavy stuff thing too - it's inexplicable, really. It's just lifting and yet, I dunno... maybe 'cause it's so primal or something? Purely physical? I don't know. I just went from 5kg dumbbells up to 9, 13 and 15kg (various exercises) and the heaviest feel amazing. Like... warm :D I don't know. I am hopefully starting barbell training this weekend and I can't wait.

And I've just taken up yoga and running too, so we have similar goals :) Faster, stronger and feeling more thrilled with what our bodies can do rather than how they look in a photo!

I totally agree with everything you said. It must be something within us that makes the weight lifting feel so natural. I love it! Let me know if you do start barbell training!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and I look forward to hear from you. Our goals are indeed similar, maybe we were raised by a similar elf tribe. ;)

There's something awesome about being a "little person" who can lift. Years ago when I was heavily involved in sports, I also lifted - up to 325lbs squats. I am 5'1, and the football boys just mostly looked confused. But man, I was one hell of a runner.

Enjoy it! I think I'll get back into lifting as well once my kickboxing class starts. It'll certainly keep you warm in the winter.

Welcome!  This place needs more gnomes, even ones who aspire to be mermaids.

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

There's something awesome about being a "little person" who can lift. Years ago when I was heavily involved in sports, I also lifted - up to 325lbs squats. I am 5'1, and the football boys just mostly looked confused. But man, I was one hell of a runner.

Enjoy it! I think I'll get back into lifting as well once my kickboxing class starts. It'll certainly keep you warm in the winter.

That's so awesome!

325lbs squats: that's the dream! I've also wanted to try kickboxing for a long while, how do you like it?

All the best to you and you should definitely try lifting again, once you feel ready!

Welcome!  This place needs more gnomes, even ones who aspire to be mermaids.

Thank you! I appreciate the gnome love. Even though I have cheated my own race by swimming in the ocean in the hopes of finding Ursula. ;-)

That's so awesome!

325lbs squats: that's the dream! I've also wanted to try kickboxing for a long while, how do you like it?

All the best to you and you should definitely try lifting again, once you feel ready!

Thank you! I appreciate the gnome love. Even though I have cheated my own race by swimming in the ocean in the hopes of finding Ursula. ;-)

Kickboxing is where the heart is, man. You work every part of your body, you become proficient in self-defense,  you get strength training with the cardio - and you beat the crap out of stuff. It's incredibly satisfying, stress-relieving, and the best kind of sweat. I definitely suggest picking it up when you get the chance.

This is why I feel so at home with the rebellion

Kickboxing is where the heart is, man. You work every part of your body, you become proficient in self-defense,  you get strength training with the cardio - and you beat the crap out of stuff. It's incredibly satisfying, stress-relieving, and the best kind of sweat. I definitely suggest picking it up when you get the chance.

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford