Forums are back in action! ×

Do the challenge threads fizzle or are we very crowded?

Wow there are a lot of people embarking on challenges this session. Every morning there are several pages of "New Posts" from people who have updated their challenge thread, and I'm finding there's simply no way to keep up with all of them.

(I feel like there's probably some great ones, or people who could use a "woohoo! keep it up!" being lost in the crowds!)

I feel like at the end of the last challenge season, I was easily able to keep up with the number of challenges going on.

Is it that our numbers have swelled tremendously in the past few months, or do these threads tend to fizzle after a few weeks when the prospect of doing a challenge drops off of people's priorities?

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Is it that our numbers have swelled tremendously in the past few months, or do these threads tend to fizzle after a few weeks when the prospect of doing a challenge drops off of people's priorities?

I feel the same way, and I would probably equate it to New Year's resolutions. Everyone starts off great, and then most drop out or fizzle, or what have you. I am a big fan of the squad spreadsheet, it helps me to keep track of all the people in the squad I'm a part of.

Though to be honest, I update on NF to let people know what's going on and get some feedback, but I'm really loving Fitocricy for tracking my workouts and other goals. These forums are great for other information though.

Yeah, a lot of people start challenges strong, and while I hope they all remain that way, the updates will be less and less...

I remember the days of old when there were but a handful of nerds leveling up in challenges, but I am glad for the multitude of company that we now have, even if it takes a while for me to see what everyone is up to.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Yea.... Last challenge I was shamefully one of "those" people. I shit out and basically quit (I made some pretty radical lifestyle changes smack dab in the middle of the challenge and couldn't keep up with it all. But hey, we all have our useless excuses don't we?). This time I have renewed fervor and a fear of not getting my money's worth from the gym I'm paying for. Sometimes it pays to be stingy.

For the rest of the people who dropped out like me... I WANT PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES OF UPDATES EVERY GOD DAMN MORNING EVEN IF THAT MEANS I HAVE TO MAKE NEW THREADS MYSELF!! EITHER GET IT TOGETHER OR GET LOST!!!! Or ya know, sit this one out, wait for the next and give it a little more effort. BUT THATS NOT THE ISSUE!!!! NOT ENOUGH PAGES PEOPLE!!!!

Other than the fact that some do fizzle, I believe that's why squads are being re-introduced. That way you can at least start by watching the other people in your squad and encouraging them to stay on top of it.

That means more accountability, higher chance of more people staying in the challenge, and less hassle trying to keep up with everyone. Focus on the people in your squad and maybe pick a couple of your favorite challenges to watch. When you have more time you can meander through other threads :)

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram