Forums are back in action! ×

need to buy a smaller belt

Hi!

4 months ago i was 160 lbs 20% Bodyfat and had a skinny fat physique.

After 4 months of cutting to recompose my body i'm now at 140 lbs 11-12% b.f

I know for some it might not be much. But loosing that excess fat for me feels like i get a chance to start over again.This is the first time since i graduated high school that i can fit in a size 29-30 pants. 

Sure, i still look skinny but at least now i don't have a bulging belly, i feel like i'm more in shape and i have more energy. But most importantly those months were a big learning experience. Here's what my months looked like:

-Late October-November 2013: Joined NF and started lifting weights

-December: You can see my program at this point: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41128-would-like-one-inputsuggestions-on-my-workout-routine/  Took a break for the holidays.

-January 2014: about 2 weeks into the months i gave-up (briefly). I felt burnt-out and felt like i hated lifting weight. 

-February: went back to my old ways.

-March: late in the month i started doing some more research. I realized that my problem was that i was doing way too many exercises at the point where it waxen"t fun. Found a way to keep it simple, and slowly went back to a cut diet by making healthy substitutions. 

Started running Cardio 3-4X/week

-April: Snow was disappearing, weather got warmer. I invested in a new bike ( my main method of transportation to the gym).

Cardio 3-4 times/week

May: Looked-up strong lifts, got the app for my phone. Stopped doing just cardio and started lifting weights again. You can see my program here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48195-my-new-program-strong-lifts/

I learned how to diet properly, as well as eating healthy and for less. I learned what kind of exercises i like, and which ones work for me. 

So now, i'm ready to bulk so i can get bigger the right way. 

Looking forward to the next challenge.

Lvl.0 Half-elf Jedi-initiate

My first challenge

My log

Nice job. The key here is that you got burnt out, figured out what was wrong, and came back stronger. Keeping at it and correcting the wrongs is where the key is.

Don't buy a new belt, just get a hammer and a nail and make new holes. A drill also works.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Nice job. The key here is that you got burnt out, figured out what was wrong, and came back stronger. Keeping at it and correcting the wrongs is where the key is.

Don't buy a new belt, just get a hammer and a nail and make new holes. A drill also works.

Thanks for understanding Gainsdalf! It took me awhile to realize it wasn't so much the weights that was the problem, but that i was doing way too many exercises at once plus the fact that i din't have a specific program.

About 2 years ago when i started off blind,i just picked up an issue of Men's health and just jumped into the "workout of the month". I could kick myself knowing i could have looked up strong lifts 5X5 for free. this is my 4th week of strong lifts and so far i feel way more at ease in the squat rack then i did back in December. I feel like i've learned a lot since, i stopped reading Men's health ever since i found this place (mind you their big book of food and nutrition is one of the best gifts from my sister).

If you want to know my stats so far:

note: except for rows and deadliest i started with just the bar

Squat: week 4:100 lbs

O-H P: week 4: 65 lbs

row: week 4: 90 lbs

Bench: week 4: 70 lbs

Deadlift: week 4: 145 lbs

Also thanks for the belt advice.

Lvl.0 Half-elf Jedi-initiate

My first challenge

My log