Forums are back in action! ×

Goal of the 500 club is to do 500 of something every week. This can either be part of your workout goals or in addition to.

Examples would be -----this week I pledge to do 500 push ups. I would count full push-ups as 1pt, knee push-ups as .5, counter push-ups as .25

Squats are squats, lunges are lunges, burpees are burpees, pull ups could be negatives, assisted, or full etc.

Any ideas or thoughts appreciated. I just wanted a thread to challenge myself to do more and give and get encouragement.

Anyone is welcome.

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

This sounds awesome!

I'll do 500 situps. Can scale down to crunches if necessary, but they count for 0.5 :-)

Future ideas...

Jumprope...500 jumps (but working in attempts at double unders)

500 minutes of housework/chores (yikes!)

500 seconds of planking...500 seconds of wall squat...500 seconds in headstand

500 punches with dumbells

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Hope you feel better! I did 200 counter push ups which equals 50 regular. I like the counter ones over the knee ones because I get a better range of motion. It helped me add 5 to my total of regular push-ups in a row. I'm hoping to add 5 more this go around.

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I'm going to watch...this week has been a bust...but, I like the idea...sort of fills in some of the lack with the pushup pvp...

But, if I can do 100 wall pushups a day...then, I'm a go!

Can't do the squats...not sure what else I can do at this time...but, I amazed myself by the end of the pushup pvp's...I'm sure I'll do it again!

And I still can't find how to sign up for these things! 

• Like 2

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I don't think there is any sign up for the PvP's. I didn't make one or sign one, just created the thread. With no push up game I wanted something to challenge me. Hopefully it can inspire others. Yours could be 500 over the six weeks?

I am open for anything.

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Yours could be 500 over the six weeks?

I am open for anything.

..yep, I agree. It's fun to have company, so let's make this work for anyone who wants to join.

I did 100 situps today, so I'm up to 180.

My I do my own version of "counter pushups" on the stairs. I like that because It's easy to adjust the difficulty based on how many stairs I use.

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

Did 200 counter push-ups, 20 knee push ups and 15 reg push ups yesterday.

Total 75, week total 125.

Keep 'em coming Sarah! You start new weeks on Sunday or Monday?? Since I started this challenge on Tuesday, I might need to give myself until the end of Monday (we'll see), but I'll start my week 2 challenge (whatever it ends up being) whenever you do :-)

Oct/Nov 2016

p.s. Wow! 15 regular pushups! I think I have done 4 or 5 so far...in my whole life :-) (so far)

I can now do 5-6 in a row! It helped doing a push-up PvP last challenge. The counter ones really strengthened me more than I thought!

I start challenges on Sunday. May not make this week, but I will do another push up one before challenge up.

Today just 200 counter=50+125=175 for the week.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Sit-ups all done.

Tomorrow I'll start on 500 seconds of plank (forearm plank) and 500 seconds of wall squat.

There's definitely a bit of an art in picking a good challenge for this. The sit-ups were just ok. I picked it because I was still kind of under the weather, and it was something I was pretty confident I could finish. I don't think this next one should be too hard, but anything that makes me do some planks is probably a good idea. I haven't done squats in ages, so we'll see how my legs feel on this one.

Oct/Nov 2016

Good job on the squats...I'll admit, I was afraid to take on squats...500 sounds hard! I'll do a bunch for the mini challenge this week, so I'll get to give them a try.

1 min plank today (2:45 for the week)

and 1 min wall squat...couldn't do the wall squat all at once (2:45 for the week)

Oct/Nov 2016

Great job Sarah! I managed 100 squats on Friday, and it didn't kill me (although I'm still sore), so I'll try 500 squats for next week (I start on Mondays). I'll count basically any kind of squat...regular full squats, or half squats if they are plyo (jumps). Every 10s of wall squat will also count for 1.

Oct/Nov 2016