Forums are back in action! ×

Whats up everybody?  My name is Scott and im new to the forums!  I have been reading the nerdfitness blog for a few weeks now.  Figured I would sign up here and let everyone know a little about me.

I have been overweight since sophomore year in highschool have tried a few different "FAD" Diets and of course, have failed at them.  Then I tried a online program that shall not be named... Ill just say that it used a point system.  Guess what happened there?  Yep gave that one up too.  It was to easy to eat crap and junk and still stay within the points.  Then  I happened across a subreddit and was given a suggestion to try a new program/lifestyle change known as the Paleo/Primal Lifestyle (notice that I didn't call it a diet...).  Now this I liked... I can eat pretty much all the meat and vegetables I want!  Sadly I was a big Meat and Potato kind of guy.  Cutting down/getting rid of my taters hurts.  But im managing lol.  I have been sticking with the paleo/primal lifestyle for about a month now. (With a couple of bad days here and there).  I am down 17lbs.  And am feeling great!  I also have an awesome wife that is doing this right a long with me.  She has lost 22lbs!  Unfortunately she has hit a little bit of a plateau it seems.  Any suggestions would be great in helping her get over this little plateau.

So basically here are my Goals!

I am trying to go from 216lbs down to 140-150.  I am 5'0 (yep I am one short dude!)

I need some inspiration and people to help me along my journey lol.  I tend to sway towards the dark side very easily.

If I can, id love to lower my BP to the point where I don't need to be on medication any more.  And Also I love some material to show my Doc about Cholesterol and why I don't think I need to be on statins. My LDL is under 180.  My HDL is over 70

Well that's about it for now!  Looking forward to reading through the forums and getting checking out some tips!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion, Scott!  There are a lot of great resources on this site in addition to what's in the forums.  For your wife's plateu-ing issues, you may want find one of Steve's articles helpful: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/01/21/what-to-do-when-you-hit-a-plateau/

Good luck and welcome!

Sky Pirate Monk

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

NF Character

Battle Log

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit - Vyse the Blue Rogue