Forums are back in action! ×

I use to be a kick boxer/wrestler in my youth.

I am 32 now with 2 kids marriage college and full time work lol my split days are behind me whats left is chronic knee pain and lower back pain.

I am to practice Tai Chi daily as well as a Steady Yoga practice. I have an average build 5'11" and 176 lbs.

But I do not know where to begin!!

Keep in mind I have near to no money due to family and college expense, but I am more of a naturalist personaly.

I would love some solid advice in regards to my begining so I can have structure that is fluid and effective.

I would love to blend Tai-Chi  and Yoga together and couple it with needful strength training.

Level:0

Alignment: Lawful Good                                            Class: Cleric Adventurer                        Race:Human

Str:1, Dex:0, Sta:0, Con:0, Wis:1, Cha:0

"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of The Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to GOD the Father." 

Colossians 3:17

Work around your limitations, but for strength training, the basic bodyweight workout (BBWW) is excellent and requires nearly nothing that you can't jury-rig or make. 

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Body weight workouts in the forest are great, if you have forest near you. Lift/throw/drag logs and rocks. Pull ups on branchs or climbing up trees. Running through the forest can be good to lots of obstacles to clear and avoid. I used to do this a lot because it is absolutely free, and you get to be outside. Win win in my book

• Like 1

Level 1 Half-Orc Barbarian Ranger, Chaotic Good
STR:2 DEX:0 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:0

Do not wait to strike the iron while it is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Lose ten pounds Battle Log Quest I

But what about mixxing in Yoga and Tai-Chi into it? Looking to start at about 1hr of fitness a day. would weighted gear be good for Tai-Chi practice?

Level:0

Alignment: Lawful Good                                            Class: Cleric Adventurer                        Race:Human

Str:1, Dex:0, Sta:0, Con:0, Wis:1, Cha:0

"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of The Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to GOD the Father." 

Colossians 3:17

Hum..... possibly a weighted vest for tai-chi, if you really feel that you need it.  That's not an art that I practice (I do TKD), but I always thought the idea of Tai-Chi was flow and control.  Same with yoga ... those would be your break days from the higher intensity workouts. 

As you age, your joints and ligaments will thank you for some easier workouts in the week.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)