Forums are back in action! ×

Favorite Albums of the Year (so far)

Just seeing if anyone has fallen in love with any albums releases this year! I'd love to see what everyone is listening to for new releases.

In no order, here is what I have fallen for in 2014:

"Glass Boys" by Fucked Up

"Photoelectric" by When Particles Collide (Great local band! Definitely check them out)

"Dalliance" by Gold-Bears

"M. I." by Masked Intruder

"Ocean Death (EP)" by Baths

"Boys" by Herzog

"Singles" by Future Islands

"Strange Tonight (EP)" by Stepdad

Cheers!!

Was gonna say the menzingers, they were pretty rad live too!

Cloud nothings - here not now

Ceres - i dont want to be anywhere but here

Against me - transgender dysphoria blues

Probs my top 3 from the year so far.

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Wow - I haven't heard of most of the artists listed thus far! Different musical tastes, I guess... My favourites of the year thus far:

Within Temptation - Hydra
Epica - The Quantum Enigma
Diabulus in Musica - Argia
Arkona - Yav

Although the first two that came to my mind to post turned out to have come out in 2013 instead (Symphonies of the Night by Leaves' Eyes and Perils of the Deep Blue by Sirenia). I have no time sense...

Also, looking at this list you would think I listened to nothing but European metal bands (specifically, symphonic metal and/or folk metal). Really, I do listen to more than just that, but thus far what I've liked this year does seem to be all loud and European...

Level 1 Cait Sidhe Adventurer | STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 1 - WIS 2 - CHA 1

"They told me 'dress for the job you want, not the job you have.' So now I'm sitting in a disciplinary hearing in a Catwoman costume..."

Introduction: Aging goth geek seeks renewed youth, character creation tips
First challenge: Villikissa vs. the Demons of Time

Accountability Groups: Apprenticed Aboard the Queen o' Swords & Renaissance Rebel Apprentices
Battle Log: We're all mad here: the adventures of a time-travelling fairy cat

German officer: "What are you doing here?"
River Song: "Well, I was on my way to this gay Gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled, when I suddenly thought to myself 'Gosh! This Third Reich thing's a bit rubbish, isn't it? I think I'll kill the Fuehrer!'" (Doctor Who: Let's Kill Hitler)

Nothing wrong with European metal!! I went through a phase a few years ago where that's all that I listened to, so I guess I have a lot to check out!

Was gonna say the menzingers, they were pretty rad live too!

Cloud nothings - here not now

Ceres - i dont want to be anywhere but here

Against me - transgender dysphoria blues

Probs my top 3 from the year so far.

AHHH!! I forgot about the Cloud Nothings album!! That's so, so good! Also, they have come a really long way with their live show. When did you see Menzingers? This year?

• Like 1

Yeh earlier this year supporting the Smith Street Band on their Australian tour. I hadn't heard much of them before that, so I wasn't that into their set. Then I went on tour myself and a friend played them whenever he had control of the stereo, and now im addicted. 

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.