Forums are back in action! ×

The Downsides of Fitness

Eye contact. When engaged in intercourse with someone who is not particularly fond of you for your personality, you tend get minimal eye contact. She spends pretty much all your time in missionary staring at your abs. (At least from what I've heard.)

• Like 2

I just found a new problem today... weather changed, summer seems to be over in Belgium, wanted to put on long legged pants... None of my long legged pants fit anymore, all to tight around the thighs. I'm gonna have to go shopping again, I hate shopping. Had to throw out several polo shirts and regular shirts to, good thing I still have my baggy band-shirts and hoodies.

Also, I wanna get a tattoo on my back, but I'm afraid it'll stretch to much. Anyone know if that will be problematic?

• Like 1

Heh, having your prosthetics needing regular repair because despite there being no stated max, you keep lifting more to see if you can actually find it. Upside, your tech knows your arm on sight, and his next question is, how much. 

Pants, so many issues with the quads area....

Shirts, being me, one sleeve fits ok, the other is tight as hell..

You're like a blacksmith with the one big arm. Didn't you get the dumbbell arm from one of the bosses you beat, or did you not get to that one yet? I think he's the broish biss, his weakness is probably the special arm you get from the squat boss, which I'm pretty sure you've beaten already.

Pretty sure I saw a blacksmith in the supermarket a few months back. One arm was huge and jacked, the other, while still big, was nothing like the other one.

I just found a new problem today... weather changed, summer seems to be over in Belgium, wanted to put on long legged pants... None of my long legged pants fit anymore, all to tight around the thighs. I'm gonna have to go shopping again, I hate shopping. Had to throw out several polo shirts and regular shirts to, good thing I still have my baggy band-shirts and hoodies.

Also, I wanna get a tattoo on my back, but I'm afraid it'll stretch to much. Anyone know if that will be problematic?

It might stretch a little, but unless you're training purely for hypertrophy, it probably won't be that much.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You're like a blacksmith with the one big arm. Didn't you get the dumbbell arm from one of the bosses you beat, or did you not get to that one yet? I think he's the broish biss, his weakness is probably the special arm you get from the squat boss, which I'm pretty sure you've beaten already.

Pretty sure I saw a blacksmith in the supermarket a few months back. One arm was huge and jacked, the other, while still big, was nothing like the other one.

Ahh some day there will be academy days for me..I think after I paint and base the 14 million minis

Biggest problem, pants that fit around my waist simply refuse to fit around my upper legs.

THIS. I have always had thicker calves and quads, but now that my body is leaner, pants that I can get on past my calves, quads and bootie usually look like a bucket around my waist while being practically skin tight everywhere else... and nobody likes jeans riding up into their nether regions. Uncomfortable at best, and at the worst I try on 10 pair and leave with none.

I've actually begun to wear more skirts because of this issue. They fit my waist perfectly, and hang just right, almost always. But I don't like wearing skirts to work because even though it's retail, I'm going up/down ladders a lot...

I'll be changing jobs soon, and potentially will need to wear scrubs. I imagine they'll be more comfortable than dress pants/jeans... I hope.

• Like 1

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

THIS. I have always had thicker calves and quads, but now that my body is leaner, pants that I can get on past my calves, quads and bootie usually look like a bucket around my waist while being practically skin tight everywhere else... and nobody likes jeans riding up into their nether regions. Uncomfortable at best, and at the worst I try on 10 pair and leave with none.

I've actually begun to wear more skirts because of this issue. They fit my waist perfectly, and hang just right, almost always. But I don't like wearing skirts to work because even though it's retail, I'm going up/down ladders a lot...

I'll be changing jobs soon, and potentially will need to wear scrubs. I imagine they'll be more comfortable than dress pants/jeans... I hope.

I wish that was an option for me, I'm actually considering a fashionstatement by wearing kilts everywhere instead of just gmm :D

Also the divingclub I'm going to is starting to have trouble finding wetsuits that fit me, I actually left with the seems ingrained into my skin for an hour last weekend.

one from this morning -

having to belt my jeans again and realising that my ex either broke or stole all my belts.

asshole.

Look on the bright side: having to use a belt is a good thing!  And now you have an excuse to buy newer cuter belts!

Also the divingclub I'm going to is starting to have trouble finding wetsuits that fit me, I actually left with the seems ingrained into my skin for an hour last weekend.

Diving!!  I was on a swim team for several years, and I always regretted never joining the diving team.  I've been known to refuse to go to a pool unless they have a springboard.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

The nearly constant need for new bras. Mainly because I'm a bit large up top and a bra that's too big = horrible, horrible back pain. It just sucks. I've lost ~4" off my underbust measurement and 2-3" off my bust measurement, so it's a pretty big change. 

Speaking of which, I'm almost at the point of needing another new one ><

Other than that, I don't think I'm going to have clothes that fit come spring (somehow, I can't manage to be upset about this...)

• Like 1

Wandering Monk

Starting Weight: 238 Current Weight: 189.2 Goal Weight: 150

PRs

Mile: 12:49 (11/1/14) 5K: 44:07 (3/13/16)

Hmm. Parachute pants?

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Looking like a tom-boy, no point in putting on jewelry anymore as I just have to take it off again for lifting. Also my hair is tight up every day now which doesn't

help the look...

Ah and on top of that the skin on my hands is rough as.... so all in all very attractive haha!

Definitely nothing wrong with this.  Nothing at all.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Wow, what kinda career path are you on, if I may inquire? From Housepainter to Surgeon? Roofer to Nurse? Demolition to Dentist?

Hey, it can be done, don't get me wrong; just curious, that's all

Lol, kind of no career path, just winging it.

I've been in retail and food service most of my life, but I'm moving to a small town, and my Aunt is sort of a connection to get hired as a Guest Attendant at a retirement home. Hence scrubs.

My other option is actually to work with a team of general contractors building homes. I have some experience in that already... I've helped roof two homes, and I've helped build a deck. I've done other misc. work too like stripping logs of bark to ready them for a stack-wall home... physical labour is appealing to me. I get some fresh air, sunshine and exercise.

Or, I might just end up in retail again. I don't really know. I'm just happy I'll be living with my boyfriend finally.

The ladders are a part of the retail thing atm... our store is very short and tall. So we have lots of shoe boxes way up high in the walls (it's a shoe store).

As for my interests... I'm actually thinking of going to school someday for some sort of biology major... I'd like to make a living looking at microorganisms under a microscope and seeing how they tick. Potentially furthering medical science, what have you.

I've already been to college, to study photography, but after learning so much about the industry decided I like it as a hobby better.

So I haven't really decided. Who knows, I might like carpentry/contracting work too much to bother with my interest in science. Honest work. Rewarding. So is taking care of the elderly. There's something to be said for practical skills.

I'm just going to let the cards fall where they may.

• Like 1

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

But I don't like wearing skirts to work because even though it's retail, I'm going up/down ladders a lot...

Because I work with kids and you just never know what your day will bring, I always wear gym shorts under my skirts - gym shorts, slip, skirt. If it's a long skirt sometimes I wear my compression pants. It saves a step when I get ready for my workout in the afternoon, too!

Downside: my face countour has changed. I'll go to scratch and itch and miss, or poke myself because my cheekbones are more prominent than they used to be and I'm not really paying attention.

• Like 2

I am interested to see how it goes once cold weather hits. In the past I always ran hot. I once traded offices on purpose to get the one that had no heating register. Nowadays I take a light jacket into restaurants because the A/C is too chilly.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP