Forums are back in action! ×

Garage Sales for Dummies...a how-to on making tons of cash!

and Heidi...as far as safety is concerned...he is going to bitch, regardless...but if I give him a chance to veto anything before it goes on the sale table, that is enough for him really. We solved all the serious verbal issues. He wants to do zero work, but make sure I don't screw it up...grrrrr. He will give me shit if I throw out something important, and the level of shit is relative to the perceived value of the item (for himself or the family...who most of which have zero contact with us in the first place...he's being MUCH too nice to even consider them, as far as I am concerned...but I digress) for him personally, its easy, furniture and pictures are his big "dont get rid of this" and that is pretty easy, but there are certain shirts and memorabilia that mean something to him, that to me just look like crap...so having him help "set up" the sale, and saying "oh no this can't be sold its...." is probably the best way to get it done with him being the least amount of problem. LOL! 

Orrrr...if I can get him to help me sort it, knowing that someone else is going to come get it and pay us for it...that might be enough. He is just as overwhelmed (and a bit lazier) with it all. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

wovercast...where would I find people like that and what do you call them? I just want it gone, and any amount of money is a bonus really. 

One place to start would be auction companies. The folks who do estate sales. They usually know of some people who buy in bulk. They may give you some contacts to start with.

Otherwise, you could post pics of the stuff on craigslist, and make it clear you want to sell it all for one money.

Good luck!

• Like 1