Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all!  I'm pretty excited to have found this community of like-minded people.  I'm a 20-year-old college senior and I've definitely hit my breaking point.

I've had some success but am definitely a chronic underachiever.  I struggle massively with procrastination but have never addressed this, because I've learned that I can fake most things really well.  I thought there was no pressing need to address my inability to spend a week working on a paper for an A if I could do it overnight for a B+, to learn music well on my own if I could pick most of it up during sectionals, and so on.  I'm exhausted all the time, my body is in rough shape, and I've realized that being constantly behind on all my goals is costing me opportunities.

It is well past time to level up.  I pursue a number of niche interests that I'm excited about sharing the world, but I'm not going to be able to do that if I follow in the footsteps of my family, most of whom have significant health issues.  I am done with planning to wake up at 6 to work on a project and hitting "snooze" until 10 because I'm too exhausted to function, thinking it'd be nice to bike somewhere and having to turn back early because I can't make it up hills, and wondering why I'm looking worse all the time.

So!  I'm clearing out the pantries in preparation for going paleo and am already replacing items I'm out of according to paleo principles.  I've been biking about 15 miles a week but I know that's not enough, so I've been adding other exercise and I'll be in Men's Fitness 101 when the school year starts in September.  Once I pay down what I owe from the summer, I'll be saving 10% of my income to help me achieve some of my long-term goals.  I'm also clearing my backlog of tasks so I'll be able to manage my time much better in the future and, pure and simple, get more done.

Right now, my body fat is probably around 25%, I've run poorly in a few 5Ks, I can bike about 10 miles, and I actually can't get through a pushup.  In 2015, my body fat will be 10%, I'll run a 10K, bike 50 miles, and do 64 pushups in 2 minutes (a 90 on the APFT, looking back to my JROTC days).  I'm in this to win this and I can't wait to start sharing with all the rebels here!

Hey EagleRising,

welcome to the Rebellion!

Your post very much resonated with my, because I was a big procrastinator a few years ago, too. In some aspects, I still am, but at least I'm not snoozing until noon anymore!

Your long term goals look solid, can't wait to see your challenge!

Level 2 Warrior

STR 1 - CON 1 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - WIS 2 - CHA 0

Hey guys, thanks for all the welcomes!  I've had a pretty good first week.  It turns out that cooking meals other than Top Ramen is a lot of fun!  I've had a little trouble sticking to paleo while out and about in the city and keeping up with workouts, but new habits are building already.  After usually having probably at least 60 oz. daily, I haven't had any soda since I got started, which I'm probably most proud of.  Thanks again, everyone.  I thought I'd missed the current challenge when I registered, but I see that it started just yesterday, so I'm off to take a look at that!