Forums are back in action! ×

Hey-ho. Ranger taking a leap

Hi there,

I've been reading here for a few months, and decided its about time I commit to do what I've been doing half-arsed in that time.

I guess I'd describe myself as a ranger - relatively strong compared to the average, with fair endurance - but its all in my legs and I want to improve on that.

I spent the first 20+ years overweight. Now through some hard work and good choices I'm relatively healthy. This is partly due to what I've read on here and also trying to eat better quality food whilst doing IF.

I'm also genetically blessed with good lower body strength (trousers never fit me!) but my upper and core is a lot weaker than I'd like. So this is my focus for the near future.

I've always found it easier to exercise my lower body, I love cycling (if any of you know Mark Cavendish I'm that shape... with a gut!).

I have a bit of a complex when it comes to using free weights in the gym - but I'm going to push my comfort zone to make sure I'm ok with it. Pull-ups are constant battle and my PB is still 1!

I travel around Asia a lot for work and I'm single, so the temptation for quick/rich food and is always there!

In the near future I'll be travelling a lot more, relocating from the UK to Kuala Lumpur and working longer hours.

This intro is dragging a bit...

Essentially I'm here for accountability so that I keep on track with the progress I've made - and step it up some more!

PS about me - I'm a huge Smiths/Morrissey fan, whisky drinker, Manchester City supporter and I'll do anything... especially if someone tells me I can't.

As of today - Day 0 - I'm 175cm/80Kg. I'm not bothered about those figures, as weight loss isn't a goal. Strength and body fat percentage is, but that's a bit harder to measure!