Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone,

Brand new rebel here. I have been lurking around for a while but finally decided to join up.

A little bit about me:

-I am 25yo male

-I have little to no experience in the gym/working out

-I am very adverse to going to gyms etc

-I have used my body to convince myself I do not need to work out as I stay average build no matter what I eat

-I also use my work roster as an excuse not to work out (I work 12 hours a day plus an hour travel, for 8 days in a row, then I have 6 days off)

Anyway, enough about excuses. I have decided I am not where I want to be and have finally decided that I am never going to get where I want to be unless I change something.

I follow a decent diet, mostly paleo, with a little bit of junk thrown in here and there. My main problem is getting my motivation to exercise, I can generally convince myself to do it for a week or two, but as soon as I have a roster change or something similar it goes out the window. my latest excuse has been a broken pinky finger. I mean come on, a pinky finger. There is so much I could be doing that doesn't require my pinky finger.

Anyhow, I am hoping to start on this next 6 week challenge and keep it up.

Lovely to meet you all.

Using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site!

I understand about work getting in the way of exercising. When I did nightshift I was too tired to even think about exercise and now do some ridiculous shifts which can get in the way. Have you looked at the Angry Birds workout on the main site? Otherwise, just keep trying new things until you find something you want to keep doing. But it sounds like you are summoning up the determination to get started. I quite like the gym, it gives me a space just for working out and no distraction. As long as you know what you are going in to do and maybe put some earphones in to drown out everyone around you. But you don't need a gym. Plenty of exercises you can do in the home or even in a playground.

Good luck with the challenge!

Current Challenge

Previous challenges:7, 6 5, 4,  3. 2, 1

I am the one thing in life I can control