Forums are back in action! ×

The Misdirected Argument Game! [Forum Game]

I hope this is the right place to post this thread. Didn't see anywhere else to put it that would make sense!

Basically in this game, you take a word a person said in an argument and turn it into an argument that doesn't relate anything to what they're saying.

For example:

Player1: The government is purposely decreasing the production of aluminum foul, man! I'm telling you they're onto us! They know that we know we can block off their mind reading with tin foil! NSA, man! NSA!

Player2: Aluminum foil is an excellent way to store food! Stop spitting your lies that it encourages molding on food!

Player3: That's what I've been telling you! We need to finally put that molding around our house, but you just don't listen! You say it's fine, but is it really fine?!

Player4: Oh! So that's how it is?! You're going to make me pay a fine for talking to you?!!

And so and so forth...

And now let's start:

No! We can't have an alpaca as a pet! There's no space for it in our yard! Where are we gonna get the room for it? What are we gonna feed it if it doesn't eat grass?!! You're not thinking this through, future poster!!

• Like 2

<p>Gwenhwyfar, level 0 Wild elf adventurerSTR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Yard?! Yard?! Please be so kind as to use the metric system. It allows scalability by prefixes and is far easier for unit conversions! It is clear to any person with half a brain cell which is the better system of measurement!

(...have I got the right idea? =D)

• Like 1

SugarRay Lycan - Monk

Level 4 - STR : 5 | DEX : 8 | STA : 3 | CON : 5 | WIS : 8 | CHA : 1

Challenges: No. 1 - No.2 - No.3 - No.3: SugarRay's Comeback Match.

Zombies cannot survive on half a brain cell! Are you nuts or just cruel?! They need to eat a full brain to survive! They don't have to eat human brains, they can eat cow brains! There's more than one kind of brain! Zombies are people too!!

(=D You got the idea down perfectly! Thanks for joining in. I was beginning to worry that nobody likes forum games here.)

What's wrong with nuts?! What is it with you people? Nuts are full of protein and healthy fats, discriminating against them is just ridiculous. Look, just because nuts are classified as fruit doesn't mean you have to treat them like fruit, give them nuts a freaking break!

(I love games like this: it allows me to use my highly developed sophistry skills to their best. I didn't go to those philosophy classes at school for nothing!)

• Like 1

SugarRay Lycan - Monk

Hey! I like books! Don't make fun of books! They make you think and expand your vocabulary! You don't expand it as much in movies as you do as books! Do you wanna talk like a caveman?!

(=D You got the idea perfectly! Thanks for joining!)

Punishment?! You think I'm punishing you, SugarRay?!!  Why is it that I give a little critique on how you can improve, you take it in the harshest way possible?  Are you that sensitive?!  What do I have to do to get through to you?!  UGH!!!

Clearly, SevenofSeven, when our guide tells us to turn right, we turn right!!  There's no "ifs" and "buts" about it!  So what if it looks like we're heading into a creepy, swampy lake?  Maybe our guide knows better than to head into the direction of that cliff!  You wanna start taking over this tour?!!

• Like 1

Head? That's just ridiculous! Surely killing a vampire by cutting off his head is the worst way to slay a vampire!? It's not economical for one, and it sure ain't pretty. If you don't want to stake through the heart, then you might as well quit the business!

SugarRay Lycan - Monk

Excuse me, but it's not "Galaxy revolves around him," it's "The world revolves around him!"  If you're going to use some overused metaphor, you should use it in its proper form!  I don't care if you're trying to use galaxy to state that his ego is bigger than a world!  Nobody is gonna get what you're saying, so say it right!  Duh!

(Hello!  =D)

You think England has the best breakfast?

I'm sorry. 

I really am.

But to say that the English Breakfast is the greatest breakfast in the world is completely ridiculous. Have you tried an Indian breakfast? Or a Chinese breakfast? How about German breakfasts? Judging a single culinary tradition to be the best is simply farcical.

SugarRay Lycan - Monk

You bloody Aussies! Why does everything always come back to cricket? Yes you beat England every time, but the rest of the world just doesn't care! No one else even understands the stoopid game or it's rules anyway! ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

It's back there. But how? You can't just sneak up on them. Because they can feel your vibration. And, they'll just jump and we'll be back at step one! Yes, that's what a cricket will do! Haven't you learnt anything from Harnessing Magical Powers from Nearby Critters 101. You failed?! Then why are you out here? You're ruining my chances of an A in this practical. Go back to the school and send me someone who knows their shite!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On