Forums are back in action! ×

My name is Daniel, I live on a little island called Grenada (its in the Caribbean). I'm 18 years old, 5ft.10 and 230lbs. Yeah that's pretty over weight ain't it? Honestly its not that a feel that bad about it but I just feel as if I could do better you know? It may be a little harder for me since a diet change and getting professional equitment is nigh-impossible but you guys will help me out right?

I want to lose weight and gain endurance. Also strengthen my mental and emotional fortitude. (Im slightly bi-polar) Thus, I'm looking for a ranger/duid combo. Bascially I want to level up and get more out of life.

Welcome!

There is always lots of support to be found here. Whatever you want I'm sure you will find someone here to help.

What makes a diet change impossible? And you don't need fancy equipment, what about a bodyweight programme (the beginners bodyweight workout on the main site really helped me last time).

Current Challenge

Previous challenges:7, 6 5, 4,  3. 2, 1

I am the one thing in life I can control

Not impossible per say, I can reduce the amount I eat obviously but what I eat is basically at the behest of my mom since I still live with her and attend community college. Yeah I just did my first circuit of begginner body weight program today. Its hardeer than it looks for real! Did 2.

You're 18, my friend. It's time you communicate to your mother that you would like to take a more active role in choosing healthy foods. Not sure how that would be accepted in your family, or culturally in Grenada, but in most places in the world taking responsibility for more of your own life is an important part of getting older. If you do some real research on how eating healthier will make you happier, more productive, and very possibly reduce your bi-polar symptoms, you might be surprised at your mother's response. At the very least, I believe it's worth a try. She probably loves you and wants you to thrive. Give her a chance to come around. Plus, you can cook your own food. If she's kind enough to make your meals for you, that's wonderful - but you can take a more active role in cooking and shopping yourself. If you don't make any money, you could ask her for some money specifically to shop for healthier foods. Don't wait around for other people to solve your situation. She might listen to a doctor, or an appeal from some other authority. If you're truly dependent on her, get someone to prescribe you a healthy diet and she might be more willing to listen. Get a fake email address and send her an email from "Eduardo Navarro - Dietician" detailing how you should eat.

Most problems have a solution.

Seems like a decent place to start...

http://www.foodforthebrain.org/nutrition-solutions/bipolar-disorder/about-bipolar-disorder-%28manic-depression%29.aspx