Forums are back in action! ×

I can't think of a cleaver topic title

My name is Amanda, I'm 20 years old and I've been overweight my whole life.

Looking back at old pictures from when I was in elementary school make me cringe because I can't believe that even at 10 I was so overweight and 10 years later and I'm still the same.

My BMI tells me I'm obese and that's a wake up call. I'm young and unhealthy. I want to enjoy my youth and I can't. I can't do the things I want to do because I'm so self conscious about myself.

I really want to get into running but that's going to take some time because I've just quit smoking. 

I've been looking around forever for a forum site that's also really positive about weight loss. I couldn't find anything so I made a fitness tumblr and got discouraged because no one interacts with you unless you're popular. 

I want to interact with people doing the same thing I'm doing but I also want to have fun and meet new people.

I hope I meet lots of great people here :)

Sorry this introduction sucks, I don't know how to write about myself.  :lemo:

I hope you remember today that if you slip up you can

restart your day at any time. You don't have to wait until the next day to

start over. Just sit down, breathe for a few minutes and start again

0%
0%

L o s e   1 0 0   p o u n d s

03/08/2014

Sounded like a good introduction to me.  Welcome to Nerdfitness!  And don't worry - it can be hard to make a cleaver topic title.  Topic titles were never meant to be used to cut meat anyway :cocksure:.

Jokes aside though, this is a good place to find encouragement and to figure out what your own personal fitness goals are.  We're happy to have you.  If you want to just poke around the forums and meet people for a while, that's fine.  If you have some specific goals in mind right now and want some encouragement and accountability toward those goals, the 6-week challenge and accountabilibuddies subforums are great places to check out.

Sky Pirate Monk

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

NF Character

Battle Log

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit - Vyse the Blue Rogue

Hey there Amanda! Welcome to Nerdfitness!! ^.^
I'm brand new here too, and I'm still thinking of a title for my intro thread! xD

I'll be turning 20 next month myself, and I so nderstand where you'er coming from. Feeling self-concious sucks sometimes, and I'm hoping that everything i do from now that I've joined Nerdfitness will help get rid of that feeling.

Good luck with everything Amanda. ^^

Jawad AGON Jandali

- Class Undecided Yet -

[str 0][dex 0][int 0][wis 0][con 0][cha 0]

Latest Challenge: The Mad-Eye Challenge