Forums are back in action! ×

Well hello there.

Hey everyone!

My name is Elaine, and although I'm new to the boards, I've actually been around NF for a while. I started following the site (and started going paleo) about two to three months ago. My life has been a bit tumultuous for this past summer as I've finished my last classic year of college, worked crazy hours over the summer break, moved to Boston for the next six months (the east coast is whacked in a very cool way), and just started my internship in diagnostic ultrasound (I 'go to school' from 8-5 now, so it's almost like a job!). I have enough of a work/school routine in place that I now feel I can tackle developing a healthier routine for exercise (I also have a kitchen and exquisite control over what goes in my mouth, so that helps). Honestly, I could've tackled all this earlier, but I am a very flawed human and determination/follow through in the face of adversity is one of the self-improvements on my to-do list.

I am a bit overweight but mostly just out of shape - I need to develop fitness and strength so I can avoid poor health later in life and injury now (my profession has absurdly high injury rates for how safe it is). I do like to run, but given a current SI joint problem I'm not supposed to do anything high impact, so I'd like to with start body-weight strength routines. My plan is to join the next 6-week challenge - look out for me there!

Mission Name: Jesster

Lt Elaine Lee

21rst Brigade NW

BOSTON, MA!