Forums are back in action! ×

Title says it all, I'm a closet nerd, the kind who lives with their parents in the basement.. well in my case, I'm the hermit upstairs. I'm 20 years old, turning 21, I attend College for Media Creative Writing, basically the dudes who create plotlines for movies, games etc. Anyways. I'm 6'1, I'm 275 and I'm gaining weight rapidly and I really want to lose weight so badly, I'm starting to get self conscious about my body and I hate it so much.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I'm a deaf person, not that it matters, but if anyone tries to link a youtube video to me or something, please make sure it's captioned! :)

I'm here to look for help and I want to improve myself to become a better person both healthy and fit. 

Hi Fuzzy, I just joined myself! I understand the perils of gaining weight, it almost seems inevitable sometimes. But we can do it! I started six weeks ago, sort of on my own and I'm down 12 pounds.

I started easy by drinking more water and now it's a habit to always be sipping water and it helped me cut out pop and juice.

One step at a time toward better!

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4| WIS 3 | CHA 3

First Challenge

Current Challenge

Hi Fuzzy!

I just joined myself, and am looking forward to improving myself with the wonderful resources of this community. :)

Yes, drinking more water definitely helps. Also switching to a more paleo/less carbs style of eating also helps, at least in my own case, and many others judging from this site.

And deaf, huh? I'm 85 percent hard of hearing myself, so I can hear somewhat, but I miss a lot of what's said due to not hearing all the sounds that form the words. Drives me batty sometimes!

Anyways', welcome! I look forward to working alongside you in our respective quests for greater health! :D

Title says it all, I'm a closet nerd, the kind who lives with their parents in the basement.. well in my case, I'm the hermit upstairs. I'm 20 years old, turning 21, I attend College for Media Creative Writing, basically the dudes who create plotlines for movies, games etc. Anyways. I'm 6'1, I'm 275 and I'm gaining weight rapidly and I really want to lose weight so badly, I'm starting to get self conscious about my body and I hate it so much.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I'm a deaf person, not that it matters, but if anyone tries to link a youtube video to me or something, please make sure it's captioned! :)

I'm here to look for help and I want to improve myself to become a better person both healthy and fit. 

The fact that you deaf is an inspiration bro. I am always inspired by those who tackle life no matter what the situation. Im looking forward to following your posts! 

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-