Forums are back in action! ×

I am here begging for help.

I initially wrote out this great entire post about where I was vs. where I went and how I round-about got back to the start, but unfortunately I sabotaged myself and pressed the back button.  :numbness:

That post is long gone into irate internet history of all amazing unpublished posts of yore. 

I’ve decided to knock this intro out in bullets (because if you’re like me, you like the meat of the info up front without searching around for it)

The long and short of it is this :

Was on a quest to lose weight for my wedding 

∙ mission accomplished ::woot::

Moved due to spousal military contract

∙ lost job, lost gym, lost friends, lost desire to take care of myself

Guys, I know I’m better than this. Over the course of my previous success I realized I use eating and drinking to numb out shit in life I don’t like. 

This is how I talk to myself:

Hey self, 

“yeah Saddy McSad Pants?†

Lets try and think of ways to be happy without the aid of external STUFF.

“Uh, Saddy McSad Pants that sounds like a lot of work and really stupid - here’s some cake instead.â€

So you see, I’m here because yes I do want to lose weight (sort of) but mostly I want to be able to look in the mirror and say I made choices today that showed myself that I love me.

This seems a little deep for an intro …

Sorry …

Who wants cake?  :livid:

• Like 1

*waves* I just posted my intro and we're in a similar place. 

-Got engaged and lost most of my friends (admittedly they were single party girls and a married friend wasn't fun for them)

-House flooded 4 months ago which threw me into a panic.

-Wedding planning is no joke. 

I'm getting married in 2 months and basically lost 0 weight (I've thankfully not gained any either)but my self-convo's went like "Um, let's go work out. But we need to replace drywall...cookies, cookies are the answer"

So anyway, hi!

*waves* I just posted my intro and we're in a similar place. 

-Got engaged and lost most of my friends (admittedly they were single party girls and a married friend wasn't fun for them)

-House flooded 4 months ago which threw me into a panic.

-Wedding planning is no joke. 

I'm getting married in 2 months and basically lost 0 weight (I've thankfully not gained any either)but my self-convo's went like "Um, let's go work out. But we need to replace drywall...cookies, cookies are the answer"

So anyway, hi!

Amen friend - I'll be the first one to agree that wedding planning is no joke. At first it doesn't seem all that wild and then you really start getting into picking stuff and it seems like for everyone one thing you decide on, two new things pop up somewhere else. 

so, ::waves:: hey hey to you new special friend.

and yes, cookies are always the answer. 

(sorry about your house flooding)

What are we gonna do about this mess?

be able to look in the mirror and say I made choices today that showed myself that I love me.

THIS. FOREVER.

Seriously, reading this started a bunch of gears turning in my brain. This statement can apply to so many things besides physical health attributes...I needed this. Thank you! Wait, if we're keeping it shallow for now then I'll take some of that cake.  :excitement:

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Hello! I'm only new myself here - but I have been down your road. I lost a whole heap of weight for my wedding and slowly, slowly it crept back on. Then two children later and well, I'm just over 10kg heavier.

There is no better day than today to start anew though - so here we go - in this journey together!

Now I'm going to slap that cake away from my face and eat some chicken instead.

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP