Forums are back in action! ×

The quest for the ultimate health

I started to write down my entire health history two times, but it's just too long for an opening post. I'll save my story for another post and keep this as an introduction only, with my quest.

Hi, I'm Emmi. Or Emma. Call me whichever you prefer :) I am a 22-year old (young) woman from The Netherlands, have been very much in love for three years now and I've had one hell of a bumpy ride when it comes to my health.

I have been super healthy for about a year now, which is the first time in my life that I can say that. I do lack energy on a daily base, and right now, I have a cold. I haven't been ill since January this year. Not being sick for that long is a milestone in my life, and I'm not even really sick at this moment. I don't have a fever, I don't have a runny nose and I can even breathe through my nose (I have to admit: I did drink lots of herbal teas with honey and ginger to fight the cold).

I am extremely interested in healthy and natural living. I am a pescetarian, but a vegetarian most of the year. I eat fish about once a month, if not less. I love finding and trying healthy and tasty recipes, for things to eat and drink and for skin treatment.

In daily life I am a kind of high school student. I already have a high school degree, but I need a higher degree in order to get into university. In The Netherlands it's possible to get certificates for that higher degree. I need a total of 8 and I already have 6, so I'm following the last two this year and I might take a third class. I want to study cultural anthropology. I have no idea what I want to do after that, but I might want to include my passion for healthy living in it.

As for working out: I love yoga, and I love to do Blogilates workouts. I try to do it regularly, but I find that difficult as I can't trust myself on feeling healthy and bubbly every single day. I need to take it day by day to see if I have the energy to work out. I'm still a beginner in both yoga and pilates (even though I've been doing pilates for over a year - I haven't been keeping it up every week so I get fit, stop working out for whatever reason, and start over again). Apart from working out, I like to meditate. 

This year has been a big up for my health, but a big downer for my personal life. My younger sister got into the hospital halfway June. She has been home for a few months already, but she's still not healed and we have no idea when she will be healthy again. Apart from that, I am going to move out, but I don't know when that will be as my best friend and I haven't found a place to live yet. He lives in the town where I am going to school now, I live on the other side of the country. I can stay at his place during the week, which is sweet and exhausting as I barely have any privacy there. I am traveling back and forth between his place and home - that is a 2 hour to 2,5 hour train ride each way.

I decided to join the community when I read the post on staying fit and healthy while traveling a lot. That's exactly what I need right now! 

Right now I still need to look into how I can juggle staying fit, school and travel. Luckily those are three things, I can only juggle three balls at the same time. 

I'm not a part of a fitness or a yoga studio and if I talk about healthy living with people, it usually because they have questions for me. I felt I needed a place where I can talk about healthy living with others, a place where I can ask questions and where I can get support in my quest for the ultimate health, wherever I am.

I feel like this post was all over the place, and I feel like I left out a lot, but I'll keep it at this for now and I will rest my painful head and take a bath. I'm sorry if my post was confusing or hard/annoying to read, I blame it on my cold.

- Em

• Like 1

:frog:

Feel better soon, Emmi!

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Hi, Emmi! I'm also on NF to talk about healthy living issues. It's nice to have a place where people actively want to discuss fitness, nutrition, and living a good life. :)

• Like 1

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."