Forums are back in action! ×

Halloween costumes!

i'm still trying to figure out what to be. i actually went to some thrift stores today hoping to find something but no such luck. i have a few ideas floating around in my head (lucy in the sky with diamonds, an oompa loompa, a leprecaun) but so far i haven't found the right items to make any of them work. hopefully, ya'll can give me some good ideas!

I'm totally doing Carmen Sandiego. Keeping an eye open for the red hat, I suspect it will be the hardest part to find!

this is actually my third choice costume if i cant make the other two work.

i wont tell you what those are yet though :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I am either going to do "old school" robot costume with boxes covered in aluminum foil and vent tubes or a paleontologist since I have already built a prop for that one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]804[/ATTACH]

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Haven't decided on anything yet for this year, so I might just resurrect my old Cap'n Crunch costume from a few years back. Maybe a zombie Cap'n…

[off topic]I love your avatar![/off topic]

Yeah - I would pay good money to see an animated Indiana Jones series that looked like my avatar. It's a cropped version of a larger print by Patrick Schoenmaker. He's got an awesome collection of his art up on his blog, including the full version of the image I lifted my avatar from. I just wish I had the cash to buy some prints of his work, especially some of the Army of Darkness stuff.

I'm using a costume I made this summer and going to be Chell, from Portal. I only made the jumpsuit this summer, though. I'm going to sew the stuff for her Portal 2 costume this month

"It is not childish to live with uncertainty, to devote oneself to a craft rather than a career, to an idea rather than an institution." -Mamet

I'm using a costume I made this summer and going to be Chell, from Portal. I only made the jumpsuit this summer, though. I'm going to sew the stuff for her Portal 2 costume this month. One of my friends is going to be Cave Johnson, and a bunch of my friends are doing TF2 together. It will be a Valve-tastic Halloween

"It is not childish to live with uncertainty, to devote oneself to a craft rather than a career, to an idea rather than an institution." -Mamet

Is it terrible to say I'm planning on being a hipster zombie? I work at liquor store frequented by townies and will likely be working Halloween... think anybody'll get it?

Remember: it doesn't matter how slow you're going - you're still lapping everybody on the couch.

it takes more than a hat to be a cowboy.

I am trying to bulk up to look like a spartan/gladiator too like Timmy. Though if I don't get ripped enough and because it can get really cold where I am my other possibility is Captain Hammer!

By the way, +1 and a woot for the River Song option. I also though about going as the Eleventh Doctor as I already have a bow-tie and suspenders but unsure if I want to do the rest. Now I have too many choices, must find a way to decide.

I went to an internet meme party two years ago, dressed as a series of tubes. There wer tubes all over me, in series. And I had a hat on that said, not a dump truck.

Last year I was Meg Griffin. I discovered I owned this costume by accident when I left the house wearing jeans, a pink t-shirt, pink hat and my glasses. The fact that I inadvertently dress like Meg Griffin explains a lot about my life.

"Most unhappiness in life is caused by giving up what you want most for what you want in the moment."