Forums are back in action! ×

Halloween costumes!

Last year I went to the brewery Halloween party dressed as Granny Weatherwax, wearing the cloak I made, stick pins in my hat and a sign around my neck I aintn't dead. Year before I wore a 1690's era mantua and took my shepherds crook and went as Bo Peep, complete with a little black sheep in my basket.

I'm struggling this year, I had hopes I could finish my Moy gown but I haven't even started it.

I may go as an accurate pirate from the early 1700s, I have a common sailor's outfit of the period. Male but I can't really wear my mantua again.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Very cool - got any pictures?

I didn't take any of me, I'll see if I can find some. I know there are some of me in my Bo Peep outfit from the year before. I have some of me in a 14th century dress, with a friend, meeting another friend in his 14th century chain mail he made himself.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

I think I've finally decided. Anyone remember Miss Viola Swamp? I have almost everything already... minus the stalkings. And I can easily make my hair big and curly... yay!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I'm using a costume I made this summer and going to be Chell, from Portal. I only made the jumpsuit this summer, though. I'm going to sew the stuff for her Portal 2 costume this month. One of my friends is going to be Cave Johnson, and a bunch of my friends are doing TF2 together. It will be a Valve-tastic Halloween

So awesome! And 2X awesome that you sewed it. Are you going to have a portal gun?

Considering the way you dominate this challenge, you totally should go as Laura Croft :D

Hahaha!Thanks! Good call, Damy.. I don't know why I didn't think of that :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I went to an internet meme party two years ago, dressed as a series of tubes. There wer tubes all over me, in series. And I had a hat on that said, not a dump truck.

hahahahahahahaha, excellent. I was considering the series of tubes, the idea of the hat really ties it together. :P

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

My costume idea is basically an excuse to bring my guitar to work. I just acquired a black jacket at the thrift shop yesterday (3 bucks! WOOT!). I am going to wear a black shirt, black pants, and black cowboy boots. I am planning on going as Johnny Cash. I know enough of his tunes in case I am asked to play. I know that my feet are going to be killing me by the end of the day in the cowboy boots (not used to heels!), but it should be fun.

I think this is the first halloween I'm not going all out on... I'm not about to make myself more depressed by trying on costumes :P

The good news is I think I'm going to steal Qt3's costume idea and be Meg when she uses Stewie to get extra tips...It shouldn't be too hard to find red overalls and a yellow onsie (I hope)

Couple years ago at work we got notice to dress up a day before Halloween..I turned a pair of black pants into shorts, wore a button up and a tie, wore a curly brown wig and newsboy cap, kneesocks + converse,carried a guitar and voila! Angus Young from AC/DC...sadly 90% of the ppl under 30 had no clue who I was :[ shame shame shame.

I was a 1940s gangster girl last year and this year since I refuse to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a costume I'm gonna be a "

tribute to the 80s"...I've got leggings, a tutu skirt, bright socks, zebra print converse, a big ripped up "choose life" tshirt, tons of jewelry, a fedora, big sunglasses, and I though about wearing a wig but decided aqua net and a side poneytail would work just as well.

<-- Behold the Guardian of the Royal Throne, enter if you dare.....

"What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am"~ John Arbuthnot Fisher

"Every man dies, not every man really lives"-~Braveheart

I'll be playing the "Sexy Robin" to my husband's Batman. Should be pretty awesome! So excited that I can finally wear one of those skimpy costumes without (too much) embarrassment.

I wonder if we'll run into anyone nerdy enough to know that a girl actually *can* play Robin, thanks to the Frank Miller comic Dark Knight Returns...Probably not. :)

We all need to tune back in next week with pics, by the way!

The rain on my chest is a baptism. I am born again.

For Halloween I'm going with a semi-classic costume. I'm being an old lady. I'm virtually broke so I needed to whip up something last minute. I found an unused pink bathrobe, sweatpants, raggity old t-shirt, an old colonial curly white wig, and the pièce de résistance (had to Google that word), a tiny old person's push-cart to keep balance with. I'm going to load it up with a bunch of groceries and my line of the evening will be "I have to buy a single piece of fruit with a coupon and then return it. Making people wait behind me while I complain." (I'll love you if you get the reference.)

My goal is to stay in character for the entire night!

I was SOOOO going to be "sexy" Minecraft Creeper and make my own dress... Well I made the dress a little TOO well and it fit PERFECT... snug and stuff... but it also happen to make my "pooch" look a little too obvious so I didn't wear it. It's a goal for next Halloween though. Went with just being a cat for Friday night and a witch for Saturday night...

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox