Forums are back in action! ×

Advice with tearing hands

Every time i do pull ups my hands tear. I use chalk but it doesn't help. When i tape my hands i can go longer without them tearing. I'm on a rotc pt team and I wont be able to wrap my hands for competitions. I've stopped taping my hands unless I have a tear. So now I'mjust using chalk. Does anyone have any other tips to help. I know that my hands will get tougher but I've been doing the pt team for three years and my hands really haven't got any better.

I would love any tips. Without tape i can't do as many pull ups and that really sucks during competitions.

"Sweat is just fat crying"

"Courage is endurance for one moment more"

"Forget the sky there is no limit"

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Follow me https://twitter.com/J_oreo77

Instgram- j_oreo77

Guest Carjack

Grip the bar with thumb over and in line with your fingers, and the bar snugly in your fingers so it doesn't pull on the flesh in the palm of your hand. You'll get used to it and be able to do more pull ups this way.

Heavy dumbbell caries will condition the hands, and if that's not enough, a bucket of sand or rice to practice your meathead dim mak.

It's a long term issue. This is my third year with weight lifting/ pullups. It's mostly just from pullups. With weight lifting my hands don't tear to often.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Instgram- j_oreo77

The old-school remedy for this is....wait for it...peeing on your hands. How commited are you? ;)

Otherwise I've heard that soaking your hands in salt water works. I think the general idea is to dry out your hands..I used to do autobody repair and the dust from the bondo used to toughen my hands up something fierce. Maybe try baby powder? Just spit-balling here...

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

The old-school remedy for this is....wait for it...peeing on your hands. How commited are you? ;)

I'm commited but not that commited. :D

But I'll try the salt water and baby powder. See if either of them help. But if everything else fails I might get desperate and test out the pee. :rolleyes:

Instgram- j_oreo77

Interesting... urine is a good hand cleaner, it's sterile and has ammonia in it so will be a decent substitute for water and soap if need be. There are several desert tribes that use urine, either their own or from their animals as hand and face cleaning because water is only for drinking.

Also Urine is an important component of both indigo dyeing and getting a good clear white from a brain tanned hide.

Queen of useless tidbits of knowledge here ;)

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1