Forums are back in action! ×

Emanuel reporting. Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

Hello, buddies.

I'm Emanuel.

I've been a fat nerd for too long.

Since my childhood I've been being first a chubby boy, then a fat dude (max BMI 32). A depressed, fat adult.

My best form was when I was 16 and a BJJ fighter; then I had a taste of how it could be if I took proper care of myself. I could eat a cow and the scale won't move.

Then life happened again, and I've abandoned BJJ for good.

Ten years later, already fat again, depression hit me in the stomach.

Making contact with Tim Ferriss' 4 Hour Body, I've read about the Slow Carb diet; then, doing my research, I've found out he was then doing a modified version of the Paleo Diet. I dove into the Paleosphere for the first time in 2011, then relapsed, tried again in 2013, relapsed and came back. So many times I began again and again that I had to decide if I was about to get good in quitting or in restarting. I chose resilience over failure and went full Keto last June. It's September and I'm already 8,5kg thinner. Total weight lost from September 2013: 18,5kg.

For the first time in my life my diet goals are met and I need solid fitness goals.

That's why I'm here.

According to the Assassin's Creed, nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Nothing is true. Doctors, Dietitians, Scientists, Personal Trainers, those smart dudes have a new opinion every other week. I should stick to what works for me. While we are all human beings, every single body fitness work is an N=1 experiment, because nature and nurture sometimes team up to screw us over.

Everything is permitted. Guidelines aren't laws. I'm not going to be arrested if I eat lots of saturated fat and train with bodyweight instead of barbells or ignore the doctor's advice and focus on HIIT instead of aerobics.

Since this epiphany, I've learned to cook, to shoot, to investigate (now a trained Private Investigator), to balance accounts, to pick locks and I've fully realized Heinlein's quote: specialization is for insects.

I'm not sure if I'm a ranger or an assassin and I couldn't care less right now. Right now, my focus is on undertaking the 6 Week Challenge.

Main Quest: Become the Iron Man. Boy, it's gonna take a lot of time, but I'm going to become the Iron Man (both as in "triathlete" and as in "genius-millionaire-playboy-philanthropist").

Smaller, better digestible quests:

1. Drop body fat to 15%;

2. Stay in You Are Your Own Gym's workout for the whole duration of the 6 weeks;

3. Learn to ride a bike (yup).

I'm counting on you to keep me accountable.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Level 0 Tinker Gnome

Weight - 19,4kg gone, 1,6kg to go / 42lbs gone, 3,5lbs to go

97%
97%

%BF - 6% gone, 4% to go

60%
60%

YAYOG Basic Program - 13/44 Workouts

29%
29%

"Specialization is for insects" (Heinlein)

"Yes, there were times - I'm sure you knew - when I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up, and spit it out. I faced it all, and I stood tall, and did it my way" (Sinatra)

My current challenge

Awesome accomplishments already, and solid goals to meet, sounds to me like you have the tools you need to succeed. You can bet we'll keep you accountable, if only to see what you can do next! I love Assassin's Creed too, btw. :-) Glad to see a fellow AC player here. Welcome!

• Like 1

My body tells me no, but I want more! I. Want. More!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin

Awesome accomplishments already, and solid goals to meet, sounds to me like you have the tools you need to succeed. You can bet we'll keep you accountable, if only to see what you can do next! I love Assassin's Creed too, btw. :-) Glad to see a fellow AC player here. Welcome!

Thank you. :)

AC is a great franchise. I workout listening to the AC4 OST and study listening to the AC2 OST. Some of my memory palaces come from there, too.

Level 0 Tinker Gnome

Weight - 19,4kg gone, 1,6kg to go / 42lbs gone, 3,5lbs to go

97%
97%

%BF - 6% gone, 4% to go

60%
60%

YAYOG Basic Program - 13/44 Workouts

29%
29%

"Specialization is for insects" (Heinlein)

"Yes, there were times - I'm sure you knew - when I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up, and spit it out. I faced it all, and I stood tall, and did it my way" (Sinatra)

My current challenge