Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel, reporting for duty

Lurked on the forums/site for a few weeks before finally taking the plunge and making a commitment to change my life.  Growing up I was "skinny fat", and when I quit smoking 10 years ago with the birth of my son, I dropped the skinny part, and just became fat.  I replaced one vice/bad habit with another, and instead of smoking, I started eating.  A lot.

Like many people here, I've tried other diets, but none of them worked.  I've tried the prepackaged meals (gross) and I've tried counting "points", but nothing ever stuck. 

Last Christmas I hit my heaviest ever, 250, and realized enough was enough.  I joined the local gym and have spent countless hours on the eliptical machine and weight machines (terrified of the free weights).  When I wasn't getting the results I was looking for, I started looking around, and actually ended up here from an article on ArtofManliness.com.  I was immediately hooked, because for the first time, YOU ARE ALL LIKE ME!  I don't have to hide being a gamer/movie nerd here.  I love the idea of questing and earning XP as I go.  I'm an achievement and levelling whore when I game, and I can finally do that with fitness.

That's me in a nutshell...anything else you want to know, just ask.  I'm an open book.

• Like 1

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!