Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Getting it up now. So sorry guys, Philly eagles fan and I got really depressed last night.

Its ok bro!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

The only reason I have been on so much the past few days is because I have injured my foot and havent been able to work out for the past 3 days... I have been going nuts...

Damn cross country skiing...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Next post is up.

A few things, I accelerated the speed and increased the content of the post to get us to the final boss fight. But please feel free post in the thread anything you want to leading up to the battle. 

Please post initiative roll here and as we did before a brief overview of what you plan to do in the battle against the dragon.  I will take that and come up with the vague outline for you.

You have until friday to post this, but if you guys end up posting before then I will try to get it back to you asap, so we can finally wrap this adventure up. But again no pressure!

Initiative:18

Do we wait until all the intitives are in, then post our inentions in order? I think we messed that up last time.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Initiative:18

Do we wait until all the intitives are in, then post our inentions in order? I think we messed that up last time.

You do not, simply post initiative and what your plans for battle are. That should make it easier for people so they don't have to do so many posts.

Bronan will put the amulet on, lay his club to the side, and put the blade of the sword in the sack, and the sack on his back. The sword will protrude, but only the handle, and he won't have it in hand. Instead he'll carry his warhammer, like it's supposed to be his main weapon, and to act like the sword on his back in a backup and draw attention away from it.

When someone manages to draw attention away from his, he'll rage, making his strength 23, and head in to kick some ass, pulling the sword free as he does.

That is unless someone comes up wiht a better plan. I assume the characters have time to talk before heading in.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Bacon is already carrying a small light crossbow, so I suppose he'll just take the bolts. That is, unless the goblin is offering a magical crossbow, which I highly doubt

Initative: 13

With Mage Armor still up, Bacon's Colour Spray seems useless against the dragon (Spell Resistance and Saves aside, it's based on the enemy's Hit Die) not to mention 0 level spells, so he'll run to one side, preferrably seeking cover and will seek to annoy the wyrm by peppering it with shots from his crossbow. If for any reason, especially due to its large size, the dragon's sides or rear end up being into melee range with the gnome, he won't resist trying out the Laughing Touch ability of its bloodline (Remember, it gets the +2 bonus to DC for being a mind affecting/compulsion spell)

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Initiative = 23

Flo will get the bow and arrows in working order and knock her first one as they head in.

She will search for places of cover that might me close enough to Bronan to afford her BW protection from the amulet. (Perception 17)

She will let loose arrows as soon as possible. Getting the dragon's attention to let Bronan get close with the sword. She will flank the dragon if possible. (Move through enemy's space = 27)

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

The dragon breathes its corrossive breath as the group scatters, everyone manages to dodge it, the amulets strength has  not been revealed to the dragon.

Flo surveys the area as she moves, a down pillar lies upon a pile before a pile of rubble. It should provide her a decent vantage on the dragon allowing her to shoot its weak point, while remaining within proximity of the amulets aura until Bronan charges at least. She looses an arrow, which strikes the dragon but misses the weak spot doing minimal damage. The dragon laughs and swings its tail about striking her cover shattering it. The debris injures flo for 1 HP. After bronan strikes she places and excellent arrow in the weak spot dealing great damage to the beast.

Bronan keeps his distance from the beast at first, giving the group time to get into position. As Fights like beast flanks to the oppossite side he waits for the beast to strike at flo then charges. The dragon seizes the goblin in its large scaled claw and flings it across the room, dealing massive damage to the poor goblin, nearly killing it. This however has given bronan an opening who charges the beast. It turns to meet him and laughs at your pathetic attempt to attack and attempts to melt you with its corrosive breath. You run through unharmed, having drawn the sword while concealed, and deal a devastating blow to the beast (opens a grevious wound of your choice, non fatal however) The blade seemed to cut through the dragon with ease. It knocks you back from it quite a few meters. But you are unharmed. The amulet, its power spent, shatters.

Bacon moves into position and fires his crossbow twice at the beast throghout the conflict. He does little damage and his bolts fail to strike true. As the beast reals from Bronans strike he attempts to use laughing touch on the beast. It fails miserably. However being in such close proximity allows you an easy shot to the beasts weak point and you score a good hit on the beast. You now realize however that you are perhaps a bit too close to the beast.

Sorry bacon... I was really rooting for laughing touch to work out. As far as the goblin goes can you guys just include him in your stories. Perticularly Bronan. For flo and bacon it could be as simple as "as ___ sees Beast get thrown across the room". Just something to acknowledge that hes there and fighting with you? I think thats the best way to handle it.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with, of course there is no rush to post as you technically have until monday, but if you all get yours done early I will post the next (and perhaps final!?!) part.

We have to actually post in order, correct?

500 / 330 / 625

We did that last time, why don't we try posting whenever for this one? This is a test adventure after all.

Not gonna lie, when I got to the "This is your last set" part I nearly died laughing.

I'm having a great time with this one. Do you want new initiative each round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

Initiative 19

Flo will react strongly to Beast's death by losing her composure and getting very angry. She will bury as many arrows as she can into the dragon. She will follow as she needs to in order to just keep firing at the weak spot.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Bronan takes Beast's death is stride, for he died displaying his prowess battle and putting what muscle he had to great use. Bronan will charge almost straight at the beast, but angling toward the side that is now blinded. As soon as he is close enough that he is out of sight of the good eye (lizards have eyes on sides, not front, and the long snouts block their vision to the other side, so this shouldn't be too hard) he will duck/slide under the beast's jaw or dodge to the side around it should the jaw be too low, then pop back up and try to end the battle with a slash across its throat. He is enraged and has the magical sword, so there should be plenty of bonuses to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

No need to roll new initiative. I figure bacon just shoots but I'll wait till he posts his actions

I'm having a great time with this one

I'll second that!

No need to roll new initiative. I figure bacon just shoots but I'll wait till he posts his actions

Bacon is really worried to be so close to the dragon. Especially now that it's hurt, it is expected to start thrashing wildly around, putting him at risk. His priority is to safely withdraw back to cover, then fire at the dragon. Only difference, this time it won't be suppressive fire, since it's quite disabled already. Instead, he'll aim for the good eye or any other visible soft spot (Called Shot?)

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Flos first shot hits with minimal damage. Aa the dragon charges at an unexpected speed her shots hit but have minimal impact, as the beast seems to be covering himself. The beast then charges but loses control and knocks down a pillat. Flo dodges the falling debris then makes an excellent shot dealing heavy damage. the beast makes one desperate charge at bronan, but Flo is unable to halt the beast with her arrows.

Bronan deftly moves to the blind side of the dragon as it charges, however it had expected this and flairs it's wings as it passes. Bronan manages to strike the wing as it sends him flying, dealing 4 damage to bronan. The dragon, unable to control itself and adjust to its loss if an eye slams into a pillar he was unable to see. He composes himself and turns on bronan for a final charge. As it charges bronan prepares, and deals the final blow to silence the beast.

Bacon moves as fast as his feet will take him, but he is unable to escape completely before the dragon fails it's Wings. Luckily he was almost clear so it does only 1 damage and knocks him over. Bacon manages to compose himself and begins controlled fire on the beast. His first few shots do little, but after the beast collides with the pillar and turns for its final charge flos excellent shot causes the beast to expose itself for just a second and bacons shot strikes true. He is able to do little to stop the beasts charge.

• Like 1

And thus ends the dragon. Wrote this on my phone so sorry if there are any errors.