Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

I will provide a detailed description of the town in the first post of the next adventure so all I ask is you keep descriptions of the town/tavern vague. You guys posting about what you say back at town will be super helpful though to make an easy transition.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I will be posting the beginning of the next adventure saturday morning, as I work friday night and I want to give you guys time.

To the new guys your starting wealth is 100gp, I forgot to mention that (it usually differs by class but this is an even amount).

Don't worry about not having the character sheet 100% filled in for the post saturday, but please have it done by next tuesday.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'll be on vacation 28 to 4, probably without internet too. Feel free to have Bacon tag along silently until I'm back

Ok man enjoy your vacation!

Don't worry about new characters until after saturday.

• Like 1

I will PM you, Cn3wton, on my characters background and let the other players naturally interact. I am very curious as to how they will react to Thurindor }:-D.

Thurindor Adinran:

Race: Elven; Gender: Male; Hair Color: Black; Eye Color: Almond; Skin Complexion/Color: Fair; Height 6'1"; Weight: 117 lbs; Age: 124 years

Class: Wizard (1)

Abilities: STR 11 (0)

DEX 16 (+3)

CON 15 (+2)

INT 17 (+3)

WIS 12 (+1)

CHA 10 (0)

Initiative: +7 (3 dex + 4 feats)

Speed: 30 ft

BAB: 0

Languages:

Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan

Skills:

Knowledge Arcana +7

Knowledge Geography +7

Knowledge History +7

Knowledge Nature +7

Knowledge Nobles +7

Perception +5

Sense Motive +3

Spellcraft +7 (+2 to identify magical item properties; Elven magic)

Feats:

Alertness (racial)

Improved Initiative (Level 1)

Scribe Scroll (Class)

Turn Undead (Specialization) (6x/day; DC 10)

Specialization School: Necromancy

Opposition Schools: Divination, Illusion

Spells Known:

All cantrips

Level 1: Alarm, Cause Fear, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement

Spells Prepared:

0 (3): Arcane Mark, Ray of Frost, Resistance

1 (2): Cause Fear, Mage Armor

Weapons: (attack bonus; damage)

Quaterstaff (+0 or -4/-8 melee; 1d6 or 1d6/1d6)

2x Dagger (+0 melee or +3 ranged [10']; 1d4)

Shortbow w/ 40 arrows (+3 ranged; 1d6)

Unarmed Strike (+0 melee; 1d3NL)

Gear:

Backpack

Bedroll

Belt pouch

Flask

Flint and steel

Black Ink

Inkpen

Money

Traveller's Outfit

Sealing Wax

Sewing Needle

Shovel

Signet Ring

Soap

Spell Component Pouch

Spellbook

Trail Rations (x14)

Waterskin

Total Weight Carried: 55.66 lbs

Load Encumbrance (Light, Medium, Heavy): 38/76/115 lbs.

• Like 1

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

I am very curious as to how they will react to Thurindor }:-D.

Class: Wizard (1)

Specialization School: Necromancy
Opposition Schools: Divination, Illusion

Spells Known:
All cantrips
Level 1: Alarm, Cause Fear, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement

Spells Prepared:
0 (3): Arcane Mark, Ray of Frost, Resistance
1 (2): Cause Fear, Mage Armor

As far as Bacon is concerned, I'd place my bet on "competition". Not rivalry, no envy or hard feelings, but you know, a Wizard and a Sorcerer in the same group?

That, or he'll make fun of the elf spending all his time pouring over dusty tomes for something that should come as naturally as breathing :P

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I ran short on time and have to post what I have. The rest will be up later tonight. Please wait to post anything in the thread until I finish the opening. hope you like it!

• Like 2

Also I don't know if you noticed but I'm writing this like it's a retelling of a story. I think in pathfinder they are called loremasters... or lore something. So basically the author of this is going back and researching the history of the groups adventure. So there will be authors notes and stuff like that. Should be cool.

• Like 2

I really really like it, great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Story is finished. I gotta be somehwer in 10 minutes that takes 20 minutes to get to. But I lost sense of time writing!

may fix/alter a few bits so its more properly written.But the core aspects of the story will remain intact.

You may now post your transition into this story. You can interject at any point of the opening story, you do not need to just pick up where I left off. The only thing you can't do is include the authors notes in your post, because, you know, those havent happened yet.

If you are an exsisting member of the group it should be relatively simple. If you are not you can introduce yourself in any way, but you cannot approach the group itself until they are about to depart. If you have any questions about it just post it here.

I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with, and I can't wait to get this thing started.

• Like 2

Oh also you guys can include setting camp after starting the journey if you want to have a kind of meet and greet with the new party members

I have to say that your closing was great. The changing of the city was far more than I would ever expect. 

I will add in Elora in a tavern., you've set her up perfectly as another person seeking to learn the story. 

Seriously nice work. I hope your appointment forgives you because that writing was well worth it.

• Like 2

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

I am glad you all enjoy it. I really want to make it feel like it could be a real place and that you guys will actually be shaping it.

You guys have until Tuesday to post your intro to this adventure. 

Tuesdays post will include you arriving at the outskirts of the town. 

• Like 1

Took the tablet with me on my journey,just installed tapatalk and trying to figure out how it all works.I'll check out the story when I can and hopefully make a post. From what I'm reading here, great stuff must be going on. So happy I won't be falling behind!

Edit: Just read the story post, I must say that was some impressive writing,cn3wton! Especially how the doom and gloom slowly set in, appeals to my taste of darker, grittier and more "realistic" fantasy. Also loved the narrator trick and the author's notes idea, especially the end (and the statue) which gives us the impression of the lasting effects of the group's actions.

As soon as I find the time,I'll write down my part.This just keeps getting better and better!

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I finally got Elora's character sheet hammered out into something a little more functional for me. I realized as I worked through it that I mismatched class and race because I thought elves got a CHA bonus. I decided to just leave it alone and go with a non-optimized character because in my mind Elves are still very charismatic so I'll just play her that way. Off to write intro.

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

That should be everyone. Post will be later tonight, so if you want to add anything in nows the time.

Also adjusted my authors note to include Bronan's club in the inn. Just a reminder to everyone you are not limited to one post, but no double posting, and don't overdo it.

I enjoyed all of your posts. But I'd like to point out both Gainsdalf and Terinatum's posts. They add something that changes the world a bit or adds to it. Bronan working with the farmers and giving his club to karl, and Flo having in depth conversations with pre existing characters aND adding a new one. These are awesome and I encourage them. It helps to develop the world. Now I'm not saying that you add things like going off and single handedly slaying a dragon. But things you feel your character would do.

All within reason of course.

• Like 2

I enjoyed all of your posts. But I'd like to point out both Gainsdalf and Terinatum's posts. They add something that changes the world a bit or adds to it. Bronan working with the farmers and giving his club to karl, and Flo having in depth conversations with pre existing characters aND adding a new one. These are awesome and I encourage them. It helps to develop the world. Now I'm not saying that you add things like going off and single handedly slaying a dragon. But things you feel your character would do.

It's not strictly "adding to the world" or having any lasting impact, but I kept the character that Bacon got the 'scrolls' from, intentionally vague. Perhaps you'd like to use him down the road.

Kudos to everyone, I especially enjoyed the longer narrative posts you all put up

Sent from Parts Unknown, while wrestling with buff guys wearing facepaint

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

That should be everyone. Post will be later tonight, so if you want to add anything in nows the time.

Also adjusted my authors note to include Bronan's club in the inn. Just a reminder to everyone you are not limited to one post, but no double posting, and don't overdo it.

I always try to be super careful when I do this, not assuming anything exists in the world or anything, or controlling any character but mine. I used to run into trouble with people assuming too much and messing things up if they were too free when i DMed. Mainly it comes with adding characters or guilds in that the DM hasn't mentioned. If you're cool with it, good on you. Just putting out a arning that it can throw a wrench into things sometime.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I would say when you do it think "could this drastically affect the story in any way"

If the answers yes it's a no go, if not put it in. When in doubt post it here so we can voice our opinions on it. Or message me.